DC/FosgateBumpin

In need of some help choosing the right mids and highs.

I’m new to the forum, but have been a huge fan of Steve’s for a long time now. So naturally, I decided to come to his forum to hopefully get some advice on completing my system for my 2013 Impala LTZ. I already have a Pioneer AVH-x5800bhs installed, as well as some infinity kappa 6.5” components up front, and 6x9’s in the rear deck. They’re being pushed by my Fosgate t400.4. I’m having my sub enclosure built as I’m typing this. I’m running 2 DC Audio Level 4 15’s on a T2500.1bdcp. I just purchased the 8 channel Fosgate 360.3. Wanting to upgrade my components up front to something that can handle the power that t400.4 puts out, running an active front stage on that amp. Ordered a t400-2 to run some rear fill, so I’m gonna need some good 6x9’s to run on the t400-2. I don’t want to do any door mods to fit anything  I’d prefer something that will work in he factory locations with as little customization as possible. 

Can anyone suggest some mids and highs for me? 

Won’t let me upload pics of my subs and amps. File sizes must be too large since that error message keeps popping up. 

Update- link to pics below  

https://postimg.org/gallery/1u7obg2a6/

Edited by DC/FosgateBumpin
Adding link to pics

How about the RF Punch Pro 6.5's? I am currently running a set of these in my doors with a Punch 400-4 and they scream. Not sure about 6x9's that can handle that kind of power, sorry. 

I hear good things about the Punch Pro 1.5 in tweeters but I have never physically heard them. 

Edited by PC Principal

I'm running silver flute 8's and vifa tweets passive. Bridged on my T400-4. It doesn't have enough to push them lol. If I crank it too long it will get hot and shut off for a sec. They easily handle the power... need more power for them. I want to bridge the amp to the mids, and get a separate 2ch to run the tweets off 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

I'm running silver flute 8's and vifa tweets passive. Bridged on my T400-4. It doesn't have enough to push them lol. If I crank it too long it will get hot and shut off for a sec. They easily handle the power... need more power for them. I want to bridge the amp to the mids, and get a separate 2ch to run the tweets off 

Yesssss go active man

• Like 2

look into the JBL 660GTI!! I picked up 2 component sets (active) after doing a TON of research & couldnt be happier! Go with the 660's, theyre cheaper compared to the newer 670's and are identical except for 1 large crossover on the 660 vs 2 smaller crossovers on the 670. 

The wife as a 2012 Malibu that i put a system into. 

RF T3 6.5 driver in front doors. RF P1 tweeter in pillar. (making a pillar pods to house a 4" Focal comp set) 

RF T1692's in rear deck.

T1 sub in trunk.

RF P-200.2 to run tweeters soon to be Focal mid-range and highs.

P-500.4 to run T3 6.5" in front doors and T1 6x9's in rear deck.

1999 RF Power 1000a1 in 1 ohm.

System sounds killer.

The T400-2 is a powerful amp, i run it in my Lancer to run 2 RF T2 in each door at 2 ohm and getting close to 250 watts per channel to power the mids. Better power than the T400-4 i have to run tweeters and rear doors.

• Like 1

also look at the anarchy woofers from DIYSOUNDGROUP really nice xbl^2  motors, about double what the silver flutes are but with a LOT less distortion. Silver flutes are super nice, I owned a pair of the 8"s. 

Although it really helps to know what type of music you like too, but some other brands to look at is Dayton Audio, SB Acoustics, 18sound, B&C, RCF, SEAS (if you're feelin a little crazy about your SQ). 

My recommendation always if get a nice thick adapter (WCCARAUDIO SON! support steve and the forum) for a component set with 6.5"s and run active. Active is really the way to go a lot of fun to mess with. 

It really helps to have a measurement mic though. Partsexpress has a couple, get a behringer mic that works with REW or RoomEQ Wizard and you'll have more than you can handle with the 360 and REW. Have fun. 

On 12/14/2017 at 4:49 PM, PC Principal said:

How about the RF Punch Pro 6.5's? I am currently running a set of these in my doors with a Punch 400-4 and they scream. Not sure about 6x9's that can handle that kind of power, sorry. 

I hear good things about the Punch Pro 1.5 in tweeters but I have never physically heard them. 

Thanks for the response. I’ve been looking into the higher end Fosgate component sets. I’m thinking about running two T5 component sets up front. 4 mids on the t400.4, and 4 tweeters on the T400-2. I’m gonna go ahead and have my front doors built to house 2 6.5’s each, and the A Pillars to house 2 tweeters each.  I’m just gonna have to save up for the Fosgate T5 component sets. I’ll be ok with these cheap Infinity Kappas until I get them.