Second Skin Audio

I need help, im too stupid

So first ill say that this is my first post here. Ive been lurking reading for countless hours trying to figure out what im doing. I would like to maximize the performance of my equipment. (which, yes i know, its all garbage) So ill list all the info that i think is required and maybe someone with some knowledge can help me out.

So, i have a 95 jeep cherokee, stock 90a alt. 1/0 power and ground wires as well as the "big 3". I have a massive audio class d n3 1400w rms (or so it claims) two 12" power acustik gothic drivers wired at 1ohm in a ported box. (details in pictures) My question is, is my box design even close to being right? Its already built and it sounds decent, but i want to know if theres more potential. 

I have attached the driver, amp and box info. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Im new to this and need help.

25401067_10214862117612535_2141013358_o.jpg

25440737_10214862118292552_194616357_o.jpg

25435224_10214862118332553_445379378_o.jpg

There really isn't anything wrong with what you have now.  You could make the box a bit bigger, which would get you a little more low end output, but its not going to make a big difference.  It wouldn't be worth rebuilding the box IMHO.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

14 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

There really isn't anything wrong with what you have now.  You could make the box a bit bigger, which would get you a little more low end output, but its not going to make a big difference.  It wouldn't be worth rebuilding the box IMHO.

Thank you for replying. Ill be honest, thats the answer i was hoping for.  I have another question, but im not really sure where to post it, These drivers claim to be rated for 1200w rms each and im guessing im giving them 800 total, so 400 a piece. Would it be worth my time to upgrade to a larger amplifier?  

40 minutes ago, the_village_idiot said:

Thank you for replying. Ill be honest, thats the answer i was hoping for.  I have another question, but im not really sure where to post it, These drivers claim to be rated for 1200w rms each and im guessing im giving them 800 total, so 400 a piece. Would it be worth my time to upgrade to a larger amplifier?  

Probably not, mainly because it takes a LOT more power to make much difference in how loud your system sounds to the ear.  If you double your watts that will gain you at most 3 dB.  3 dB to the ear only sounds slightly louder.  With your 90 amp alt (I feel your pain, I have a '97 XJ) you will pretty much have to upgrade to run any bigger amp, which gets expensive fast.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived