Second Skin Audio

I need help, im too stupid

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Also,  on yoir amp output,  I see, u shaped jumpers. What's going on there ? 

well, in the owners manual it says to wire it that way for one output. And the fact that i have two set of wires running to the box is because i didnt have any 8 ga for the wire so i ran two sets of 12 ga in a crappy attempt to hopefully deliver the current it requires.

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Jesus man. Cut yourself some slack. Your doing fine. Asking proper questions,  and responsive to answers. Is it playin? How ya like it?

yes it plays and it sounds just fine, but ive never attempted this kind of thing before, and i always second guess and criticize myself. It took me 3 days of reading before i could commit to cutting the mdf i had to build the box lol

I believe those just indicate that either terminal can be used, no need for a jumper.

I wouldn't think any harm will come of it though as long as the - & + aren't connected by one.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

This is the site i use when unsure of how to wire things. A single run per woofer of 12 gauge is plenty thick as long as its not 10 ft long or somthn. U came to the right place for help. Several posts are by very knowledgable guys. Just be open to criticism and opinions and youll be fine here. Box looks good for a first attempt. Alot better than my first try. Lol.

Archived