New Instrument

DLHgn

Figured this post might be appropriate for the forum for "all things music related" considering this new instrument is used to make music! 

Let me just say, i'm super excited. I've been waiting to purchase my own euphonium for the better part of a decade and now i've finally done it. I will post a full unboxing video at some point but don't have the time right now. All I can do right now is post a picture of what it looks like in it's case and some of the merch they provided with it. 

For those asking what a euphonium is, it is a low brass instrument. Think of a mini tuba. This specific one has 4 piston valves (used to play different notes) and is considered compensating. It is silver-plated and has very nice engravings on the valve caps and on the bell. 

tnitpfc.jpg

Update: I'm currently uploading the video to youtube as promised. Just as a heads up, it will probably be one of the worst unboxing videos you've seen. I had to be a quiet as possible because my dad didn't know I had bought the instrument and I didn't know if he would get pissed or not. Long story short, when I told him, he tried to look mad but I could see the smile behind his face. He tried to act mad because he didn't want me to spend the money but he also really wanted me to have a horn so I take that as a win. The video will probably be done uploading in about 10 minutes. 

On 12/15/2017 at 10:47 PM, Vice03 said:

Holy shit I played baritone horn/Euphonium back in high school. Way to go man - that's gotta be some $$$$

It definitely wasn't cheap for me but it was relatively cheap compared to the cost of most new euphoniums. I'm glad to see another euphonium player out there. Every now and again i'll meet someone who played it or who at least for sure knows what it is. Always a shock. 

Archived