Sonic Electronix

Epicenter gets amp hot (protect mode)

i have 2 sundown SA 12’s V3 in a custom ported box with a DM1500 Digital designs amp I have 4 awg sky high Audio on a all stock electrical An headunit  installed by Arden Audio in Sacramento  and everytime I play Spanish  (corridos, banda) music with the epicenter knob on my amp gets hot An goes in to protect mode after about 20 mins of playtime. It does not do that with rap music but then I don’t use the epicenter for rap only when I play Spanish. Also I have my amp bass knob disconnected 

The epicenter might be amplifying the signal too much & into clipping, which overworks your amp.. just my guess though

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape

Electrical: 275A Singer, 160ah XS/Yinlong lithium, 2,000farad XS Supercaps

Head Unit: Apple iPad Hi-Res Passthrough Topping d10s

Speakers: {ACTIVE} - (4) Arc Audio RS 6.0, (2) Arc Audio RS 4.0 & (2) Arc Audio RS 1.0

Sub Stage: (2) TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" 

Amplifiers: ARC Audio - (4)4200SE(comp modded, (2)4000SE 

Processing: Helix DSP Pro W/ Dash Mounted Director 

You know what I did notice that when i had the bass knob on it would light up that clipping light everytime the epicenter was on.  So should I back up on the amp gain or try An mess with the epicenter settings? I have the bass knob off an I don’t have a DD1 to check the gains from my stock in dash head unit. Anyone know of a shop or person in the SF  Bay Area California that has one? That would doit for me I’d gladly pay them to doit.

Archived