Sundown Audio

Is this a decent amp alphasonik

BMS

So to my knowledge alphasonik was always cheap crap anyway i came along a deal to get the PMA4075a cheap. The thing is The amp looked very nice from the outside tiffany style rca's, subsonic filter a bass knob with a voltage meter built in and even an hour meter And it is very large. It is rated 480 rms but it is the size of a modern day real 1500 rms watt amp. On the inside it looked nice but a tad barron not a whole lot of transistors but enough to do 480 it looked like. 500 dollar price tag on amazon. so seems like a great find but on sonicelectronicx it says fuse it at 30 amp at first i though that was a mistake i mean what manufacturer doesn't integrate a fuse into the amp if it is only 30a. and also it is a 4 awg input but after more resarch it seems to be correct. i found a website that keeps records of dyno results and while it doesn't have this exact amp the 3 others from the same pma series fall way short of their ratings despite the nice looking guts huge heat sink ect.     https://www.amp-performance.de/1210-Alphasonik-PMA2500A.html  so is it a carp amp that just looks nice sure did fool me at first if it is.

dscf0555.jpg

This is a gut shot of the pma2500a (not my amp) it is rated 1500 watts rms but did only 666 wrms as recorded on the website. Looks nice but at the same time with those tiny inductors and few transistors and especially the 80a fusing i believe the 666 rating is probably correct.

Archived