Sundown Audio

need experienced opinions

vwbeats

Hey guys brand new guy here been reading forum for years cause most of you guys know your shit here compared to where I read other stuff no name calling. Anyway I screwed this post earlier I hope this works to hear your reply. Again joined 30 minutes ago. I have four budget planet audio 12" dual four ohm. Temporary... Need to order amp two days ago but just know I'll have buyers remorse as soon as I do if I don't ask you guys first. Need amp 3k or near want the amp so when I upgrade amps I'll be ready. First of year will be 4_212 or bigger digital designs 12"'s or 2 615 digital designs redline 15's. I got the four twelves now wired to .05 on an Amazon Ignite 70$ 1600/1d. Fused at 90amp and stable to 1 ohm. Meanwhile my subs are wired all together to .05 ohm I just crank them up to distortion and roll off volume to eliminate it. I'm bullshitting

Ready for more have thought long and hard. Want to hear from someone that have heard the amp bout to name and would or would you not. I'm going to make my buy off what you say. Please help me out. Never asked before. A cab 1600.1 for now and add second for when I get new subs. Audiopipe 3k. And I'm leary because of size, and fragility of this amp. Haven't heard it or seen one yet.. is taramps hd 3000i mean do they hit hard and deliver watts dirtyor clean for all four listed amps final is a shark 3500d as you can see I'm on a strict budget but still want good gear.mabe you have another amp you know. Thanks if heard any of these and you think they will deliver decent db's on new subs but as soon as I get amp hooking it up to my budget 4 12s for something thanks again guys. I know asking you all was the right thing to do. Would you do 4 lower power handling 12's or 2 15's. Want max spl on minimum Budget that all I have. Why I got the vw wagon. 

For one, You are probably at 0.5 ohm, not 0.05.

Secondly, regardless of what amp you get, I hope you have a proper gain setting method so you don't clip a nicer amp to death without knowing it or fry your new subs very quickly.

Thirdly, CAB 1600.1's seem to be pretty decent budget amps, Audiopipe 3k's have been shown to put down some power, but also with generally positive, but some negative results on quality control. Taramps has always done me well, but never used that model, so can't speak on its quality/performance, but generally you get your moneys worth, but they CANNOT be wired below manufacturer rated loads unless you want a quickly killed amplifier, and they arent as overbuilt (strong durability wise) as korean built amplifiers. Shark is in the same boat as CAB, cheap chinese amplifier, most have had good results from what I have seen, but you get what you pay for.

Lastly, most of us on here have been through shitty amps and figured out forking out a bit more almost ALWAYS is going to get you set up better in the long run. IF you are going to buy DD subs (which arent cheap regardless of series), why would you cheap out on the amp to run them? And I hope you are upgrading electrical with the amp. IF you are running a stock 60-90a alternator like most factory vehicles, pulling 3-400a from it and a stock battery will end your full real quick.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

2 hours ago, vwbeats said:

Answered my question in one short paragraph.again thanks. Moral of my story just wait and save up instead having something lower line now. Yep on upgraded alt. Couple of Batts and bunch of zero gauge.

Ok, sounds like you have it covered. Good luck on your search.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived