Second Skin Audio

Input, suggestions from anyone regarding a single Skar DDX 12..

anr102990

Got a Skar DDX 12 dual 2 ohm sub 1000w RMS. Christmas gift. Will be going in my 2005 F150 supercrew. I currently have 2 Alpine SWS 10d4 in a sealed Fox Box under the seat with an MB QUART amp, amp come free with the purchase of the 2 subs so it wasnt a bad deal IMO. That system will be going in my wifes Camry, building slot ported box now for it.  Anyways im looking for a louder setup, but also musical as well. I am capable of building my own enclosure, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking somewhere around 2.25 to 2.75 cu ft after displacements tuned around 35 hz with a 6" aero port but am open to other designs. I have never had an aero port design, always slot ports and was curious to try it out. i have yet to purchase an amp for the sub and was looking into the Skar RP 1500 wired to 1 ohm but am also aware of box rise...so may save a little more for a bit larger amp. Also would like to add that i will be setting the box on the floor in place of where the smaller portion of the rear seat will fold up, for now anyways. Thanks in advance. 

7zKyeP.jpg

aU8mKG.jpg

The skar rp1500 should do fine for that woofer even with box rise. Also make sure your box is secured down somewhere. Dont want it flying around in an accident.

yes ill definitely secure the box. i am going to build a small platform that will rest on the support frame for the seat and then bolt it down. i only have experience with one other slot ported box that i built several years ago for my blazer that had 2 type r 12s in it. Box design credit goes Joe X. he sent me the design and cut sheet for it. tune was 33hz and it sounded absolutely amazing with the RF power t1000bdcp i had on them. I really enjoy car audio as a small hobby of mine. As of now, i am just interested in daily driver type simple builds for my truck and also about to get started on preparing the system for my wifes car. DO you think 35 hz tune for my ddx is a little too high for daily driver/ music ? i listen to alot of dubstep and rap/hip hop that has a lot of lows in it. i am open to any and all suggestions. also plan to run 2 runs of 1/0 and use 2 to 1 reducers at the amp. Big 3 will be done this week as well with 1/0 

pic of my truck 

afK3XO.jpg

Archived