Second Skin Audio

can someone verify if this design works and is accurate?

akuma4u

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to get some real help you will need to provide your rms power to the driver and your maximum area measurements for a box aswell as the vehicle its going in. Im pretty new when it comes to this box designing thing, but ive spent TONS of hours reading every bit of good info i can find. So far ive designed and built 12 boxes and they have all turned out awesome. Download the torres box calculator and winisd and just start playing with your measurements and you'll find something that works good. I can help you design something if you'd like. So far ive came up with some decent stuff.

The only thing you entered wrong was sub displacement but that doesnt help matters as its .21 not .08. 

I also was very confused with this design and torres results they r way way way too off but the guy who made me this design told me to screw torres and use his...but i dunno i wanted confirmation first its accurate before i build

4 hours ago, the_village_idiot said:

Corrected the disp. That was my fault, i never changed if from my last build lol. But after that correction it made it worse.

That style of port is a 3 common wall slot port.  You need to enter in a "3" in the "# of Common Port Walls" field in Torres.  It changes the tuning significantly.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

7 hours ago, akuma4u said:

hi can someone please tell me if this design works and is accurate? 2 cubes net @ 38 hz

2yv87ys.jpg

also,.. is it possible to delete threads? i kinda made a couple that are too similar and want to get rid of one..

I built the box in Sketchup.  Here is what I found.  The net volume comes out at 1.8525 cu ft (2.0625 - .21 for sub displacement).  The port total length is 28.5".  Based on my own experience, I bet your tuning comes out at about 39 Hz.  Torres came pretty close, but not quite perfect. 

image.thumb.png.07fdc3e531611cf17a194ecb0fdbcd24.png

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

hey triticum thanks for that!... the port area on this design is 42sq in so it just clears the minimum port area amount which i found using your very useful port area calculator.. i do have another design i made using torres .. can u put that into sketchup as well and tell me what you get for net volume.. port length and tuning? based on those results, compare which design you think would yield better results in output and sq and then i will go ahead and build it. BTW,. when you said in sketchup the port total length came out to 28.5 is that the length of the physical port length?

here is the other design: (im trying to aim for the lowest tuning possible but due to the fact i want as much port area as possible AND i have limited space.. the tuning is hard to get under 37hz.. unless u have a special trick that can get it lower whilst keeping the port area at the minimum amount as per your calculator.)

2hsantg.jpg

Archived