Second Skin Audio

can someone verify if this design works and is accurate?

akuma4u

unfortunately everyone in my area charges 170 to 300 for a regular ported box.. i did have a source who did it for 80 bucks but when i showed him the 45 angled pieces in the corners of the port pieces,. he told me he doesnt have a router so he can not make that design. Cheapest so far is 150 without any fabric or wrap to the box. If it fails, then i can still keep it and maybe i will recone the sub back to its stock version then i can reuse the same box as it will be within the net area for a stock zv3 and the port area will be good as well. Im actually debating whether to scrap this entire experimental box with the frankensub and just call them tmrw and request stock recone pieces and get this thing back to stock so i can get a proper box built.

i really learned my lesson with this experience. i will never recone with upgraded parts again. too much of a headache and you never will know the t/s parameters for sure once you use different parts from all different models. I hate to say this but.. a part of me thinks i got taken advantage of and sold things i didnt need... you guys in the US have it so much easier and cheaper than us in canada.. i paid an arm and a leg for everything and im still receiving invoices from fedex in the mail for the shipping aspect.. this is AFTER paying duties and shipping to sundown already!

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up: i was unable to run the reconed zv3 with zv4 parts due to the depth being too big and not being able to find anyone in my area willing to do the labrynth design. So i repurchased recone parts to recone it back to a standard zv3 which would then give me a depth i can work with and use in a standard slot box. Also i picked up their new u series sub which i was told will replace the zv3. So.... The 2nd design in this thread is what i just got built and i just put the u series in there. I previously had it in a 1.8 net 35hz 26sq inch port area box. Well...you were right..i have a solid 20% or so more output in the 39 sq inch port box. (Maybe even more than 20%) so the experiement worked and im much happier now with the larger port area box. I used the minimum port area recommended by the port area calculator triticum made..i wonder how much more output id be able to get if i used the optimal..

The beauty of this box is that i can swap the u series out for the reconed standard zv3 and it will work for both subs.

So thanks for the design..i can def say i like it more than the one i was using before by far.

Archived