Dd1 on deck power

Please point me to the right direction i already tried the serach button before posting... 

I have a pioneer hu, with rear speakers conected straight to the stereo, dd1 shows distortion at 48/62 volume, my fronts are conected to a kenwood 4 channel amp and through the amp the rca, my dd1 shows distortion at 61/62 volume, to which volume do i set the gains.  48 on deck or 61 on rca

Kenwood kac 649s running front 2 channels pioneer coax 25rms, rear bridged fr 8" diamond audio sub 110 rms

Pioneer deck running front a pillar factory tweeters and rear pioneer 6x9 rated 30rms

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to go withouth the rear speakers, my bass amp is a boss ce3800d feeding my little 8" diamond audio 110 rms, pioneer dxt-4069bt

All eq settings to flat, hpf off, subwoofer filter i set to 200hz @ 0 (-24to+6) in my stereo, Volume at 61/62 -5 db 40hz.then used a formula i found on sonic electronix watts x ohm sqare root 110rms x 4ohm= 440 sq.root 20.97 volts as my target voltage

Subsonic filter all the way down 15hz, bass boost to 0, lpf to the highest point on the amp 150hz, i set the gain to read 20volts on my multimeter... it was very quiet...

Then i a set the gain till the dd1 showed distortion, and played with the sub setting on my stereo lpf 200hz -6 gave me 20volts and was able to go up to 0 and sounded louder, is this safe to do?

I got the 8" diamond till i buld a box for my 12" premier 

Bc, i set the bass amp 40hz -5db to the point before distrtion, out of curiosity i checked the voltage and was +-44 vlts going to the little sub. Can anybody convert 44 volts how many watts would that be? The case is i dont want to burn a perfectly good sub 

Ac volts x ac volts / speaker ohm = peak power

Peak power ÷ 2 = rms

44 volts x 44 volts = 1936 ÷ 4 ohm 484 watts peak power from my amp

484 ÷ 2= 242watts rms.

Which is double what my sub handles

Edited by Gmc14

I would turn it down more, double rated could cause smoke! just saying... And nothing wrong with having some headroom on that but like you stated no point in blowing a perfectly good sub.

while the math looks good on paper, it doesn't take into account the rest of the factors that affect the amount of power your amplifier will output. your DCR might be 4ohm, but the reactive load your amp sees will not be 4ohm. the amp will never see 4ohm once power is applied to the load. you could very well leave your amp gain at the level determined using the DD-1 using the -5dB overlap track, and not risk hurting your sub, because you will not have 242 watts output at all times, and likely will have less than RMS power going to your sub most of the time. You can turn it down as a precautionary measure, but I personally do not feel it's needed.