2018 Dodge Charger - thoughts,exp,comments?

So after looking for more than a year my wife has finally settled on a car she can live with. The 2018 Charger. It's me that wants the Hemi in it. So the Hemi comes in the R/T package and above. I think we are looking at either the R/T or the Daytona because the Daytona has the stuff that interests her. Such as good scoop, stripe, aesthetic stuff. Anways I know the 5.7 is a proven good motor but was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments on the Chargers. In fixing to start looking at reviews and whatnot but we will probably be going to the lot this weekend to look and test drive. Thanks in advance.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

They can be good and bad, it goes both ways just like with any car, some get one that has a ton of problems and other people get one thats problem free its whole life.

My mom has an 08 and its had so so many problems during its lifetime, but she got the full lifetime warranty on it which cost like $4500 at the time but has more than paid for itself, theres been like $15k in repairs done under warranty on it.

And its usually always been suspension related stuff, and this thing eats wheelbearings like crazy.

Ive heard that the suspension has been redesigned on them andnthey don't have those problems anymore, but im not sure if thats true or not.

Most of the hemi's i see are oil burners, even the newer ones.

Also, You can get a scat pack for the same price as the daytona, just saying.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Thanks broke. The dealership out here has unlimited powertrain warranty but that wouldn't help with suspension problems. That's good to know. I didn't realize the scat pack was the same price. I'll look into that for sure. She just told me today she wants a charger so I'm in the infant stages of research. Thanks again.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

I'm going to check out a 17 scat pack tomorrow in the Houston area.  This dealearship has Ferraris and Porsches and shit. My red neck ass is going in my usual camoflauge and blue jeans with a hat. They probably won't like me much but screw them, my money spends the same.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

9 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

I'm going to check out a 17 scat pack tomorrow in the Houston area.  This dealearship has Ferraris and Porsches and shit. My red neck ass is going in my usual camoflauge and blue jeans with a hat. They probably won't like me much but screw them, my money spends the same.

Kinda standard attire for Houston.  I work in the Energy Corridor and saw a dude driving a Maserati Quattroporte with a cowboy hat on.

However, sounds like a pricey place to buy American Muscle

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Nice on the guy in the Maserati. This place actually isn't too terrible for this car.

https://www.garnettmotorcars.com/inventory/view/10589403/2017-Dodge-Charger-R-T-Scat-Pack-Houston-TX#&ui-state=dialog

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

That sucks but I'm interested in what your wife ends up with so I'm posting to come back.  =)

I know a few people here at work that have newer Chargers and Challengers but I know nothing about any possible problems they have had.  Sorry.

They do seem to like them though

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Will do. She is down in the dumps right now over that one. It was beautiful from 10 feet away lol. The decals had been torn while placing them I guess and they took their finger and smeared like clear silicone over the tears. The driver door handle was broke and silicone back together. The front pass rim had curb rash and had been spray painted. The interior had some wear that was way more than normal for a 6200 mile car. Of course all this could be fixed but I would rather buy a new one for 5-7 k more. That car was not taken care of even though it was so new. He'll it may have been stolen to be honest.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Did some looking around for you and found this one in fort worth.

Priced about the same as the one you already looked at but its a 2018.

http://www.rlbautogroup.com/vehicle-details/2018-dodge-charger-r-t-scat-pack-fort-worth-tx-id-21780592

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived