Best SSD for Gaming.

20 hours ago, Ryan_Stevens said:

Folks! I am a gaming geek. I have been playing games for a long time. I have been trying to install Counter-Strike Global Offensive on my PC but the configuration of my PC is not sufficient to support that game that might be due to the built-in graphics card which is very low. I have been searching for the best SSD for Gaming that can support Counter Strike GO on my PC. I have come across the list of SSD for gaming, but I am not sure which one should I opt out. 
Here are the two SSD cards that I think would be the most suitable for me.
Samsung 960 Pro
MyDigitalSSD 120GB

I’m running this game with no lag on a computer from 2009..but I did recently upgrade to a nvidia950 and a 1tb Samsung ssd. And the gaming did improve slightly I mean this game has like 0 requirements the only thing that really matters is good internet

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left sandisk out of the list by mistake, but they are worse about failures than mushkin. 

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Please don't ever touch a computer I may ever use in the future.

A SSD from a HDD is the single biggest performance upgrade you can do on a computer. I haven't booted a PC i've owned off spinning media in 8 years.

2007 Pacifica

22 minutes ago, srp365 said:

Please don't ever touch a computer I may ever use in the future.

A SSD from a HDD is the single biggest performance upgrade you can do on a computer. I haven't booted a PC i've owned off spinning media in 8 years.

Nothing beats 6 second boot times. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

yup.

Bought my kiddo a new laptop for school, Had windows 10, a core i3, 8 GB memory and a 1TB HDD.  After setup and debloating, boot time as about 55 seconds. Swapped it out with a OCZ SSD,  Fresh w10 install with all stock drivers, 21 second boot. 

Boot time isn't all that matters, and actually not that big to me, it's the day-in-day-out usability and responsiveness that makes a SSD worth it.

2007 Pacifica

I never wanted a Hifonics, still never want one... LOL

I have a buddies Hifonics 4 channel just laying in a corner of my garage someplace hidden from all eyes.. LOL
I used it 1 time just messing around and the thing would randomly turn off for no reason you smack it with your hand and it turn back on, brand new iirc too. 

Archived