Best way to wire up 2 rear batteries??

On 1/4/2018 at 3:14 AM, Nendo912 said:

As simple as this is, there's a few ways to wire up my rear batteries but not sure what way is better or most effective.

I have 4 runs front to rear, 2 positive, 2 negative. They are ran to the 1st rear battery and then the 2nd rear battery is just being jumped, is that fine or do I need to split my runs and put a main pos and neg to that 2nd rear battery or leave power wire on 1st rear battery and take those grounds off and put them on 2nd year battery, the batteries will still be jumped so basically turning them into a bank but not sure what is the best way.

Either way should be fine. I think that from an electrical standpoint both ways are the same. You might wanna double the runs from one back battery to the other (the jumpers), just to make sure you get less resistance if they are far apart.

Just think of how people have their battery banks wired. Runs from front battery and alternator connected to a buss bar on a whole row of batteries. Doesn't matter where you connect to the buss bar, as long as it connects to all the batteries.

IMG_2083.JPG

You can just wire all of the batteries in parallel.  However, I have heard about putting the ground on the last battery in the bank because apparently it forces charge through all of the batteries in the bank.  I don't have mine this way.  But I guess it makes sense.  Bus bar is cleaner but jumpers work too.  I use jumpers because I haven't gotten around to getting a bus bars and they also kinda freak me out because it's like having a huge exposed circuit.  I would say use the jumpers for now and if you wanna dress it up, get some electrical shrink wrap and maybe later try bus bars.  I think maybe the most important thing is making sure the batteries are the same type, front to back, and if possible nearly the same age.  Even more important ... wire it up and just pump the bass bro

System:

Stock 150 amp alt

(3) Deka AGM (Approx 200ah)

Big 3 (1/0)

2 runs pos/neg (1/0)

Enclosure 9.8 cubes @27hz

(1) Skar sk3500 1 ohm

(2) Skar ZVX 15 v2 dual 1ohm

(2) PPI 900.4

(4) Audiopipe 3721 tweeters

(4) DS18 Pro X6M5 6.5

(4) Skar FSX 6.5