Genesis coupe HU question

I got a 2014 Genesis Coupe a few months ago and one thing that has always bugged me is the factory radio in this car. I have a couple of headunits picked out but I’m still wanting to find more imfo. Has anybody here replaced the factory radio in a 2013-2014 2.0t R-Spec? Since it’s the r-spec it didn’t come with the NAV radio or factory amp, it’s very basic. TIA guys for any info.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

i dont have a 2013/14 , i have the generation prior. However, you can pull of the same thing ive done. You need to buy the double din kit and if you want the tablet mod you need to buy the tablet bracket mounting kit which can be found on ebay and other car mods sites. If you plan on putting a full out system into this car be prepared to work for it.. this car was not really designed for big systems.. sealed 10s or 12s or single 10 or 12 ported is all you can really do.

As for the head units.. any double din can fit.. so kenwood, alpine, pioneer.. take your pick. A lot of gen coupe owners keep the factory head unit and look and simply run a line out converter .. so thats an option too.. id still go with the 2x din upgrade tho.

not sure why the pics are coming out horizontal.. sry bout that

18nler.jpg
20rlgm9.jpg

I cant comment on the install but the radio I can, Look into Xtrons android radios, I just got one in my chevy and the thing is a monster. Mine is a 8 core 1.5ghz processor 4 gigs of ram and either 6.0 or 7.0 android OS, I installed terrarium, mobdro and youtube so I can watch on the go. There is settings to allow you to watch TV while driving instead of having to bypass the wire as well.

I didnt go over all the features but I just took this one my way home from the store, figured id share it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, akuma4u said:

i dont have a 2013/14 , i have the generation prior. However, you can pull of the same thing ive done. You need to buy the double din kit and if you want the tablet mod you need to buy the tablet bracket mounting kit which can be found on ebay and other car mods sites. If you plan on putting a full out system into this car be prepared to work for it.. this car was not really designed for big systems.. sealed 10s or 12s or single 10 or 12 ported is all you can really do.

As for the head units.. any double din can fit.. so kenwood, alpine, pioneer.. take your pick. A lot of gen coupe owners keep the factory head unit and look and simply run a line out converter .. so thats an option too.. id still go with the 2x din upgrade tho.

not sure why the pics are coming out horizontal.. sry bout that

18nler.jpg
20rlgm9.jpg

As of right now I don’t really plan on putting a system in this car. I did in my previous car and this one I want more for speed. If I do end up doing something it would be a single setup just to keep weight low. I’m not sure if I want to do a tablet because all of my HU equipment is up top and I’m not sure if I have room for the tablet and a HU. I do have a spare tablet laying around though that needs to be put to use.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

On 1/8/2018 at 8:35 AM, Team_DC-Derrick said:

I cant comment on the install but the radio I can, Look into Xtrons android radios, I just got one in my chevy and the thing is a monster. Mine is a 8 core 1.5ghz processor 4 gigs of ram and either 6.0 or 7.0 android OS, I installed terrarium, mobdro and youtube so I can watch on the go. There is settings to allow you to watch TV while driving instead of having to bypass the wire as well.

I didnt go over all the features but I just took this one my way home from the store, figured id share it

Do you know if this works with iOS? I know some radios are compatible with both iOS and Android. 

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400