Second Skin Audio

Recommendation for a new sub?

Hey Guys!

I am thinking of buying some new subwoofers, and wanted to ask for your advices/recomendations on the ones I looked up.

I kind of look for a pair of 12-s in the 400-460$ price range ( including shipping to midle Europe), and will be powered by a Hifonics Brutus BRX 2016.1D, and an XS Power D975 for now. 

So far I tought about getting one of these:

1) Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D4 12"

2) Alpine Type R SWR-12D4 

3) Massive Audio TOROX124 12"

I apprechiate any help in a form of an answer!

Maybe if you have experience with any of them, or have a woofer that you would recomend for me feel free to share.

THX!!

not sure of the shipping, but look into american bass XFL 12s, they will blow any of your 3 choices out of the water. 

if shipping is murder, check out Deaf Bonce, B2 audio, and SP audio.  All european brands, with multiple lines of affordability, with hopefully local dealers.

The P3D4's are a good subs at an even better price. Under $300 for the pair at the jungle:  https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P3D4-12-Subwoofers/dp/B00961G1KM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515591996&sr=8-2&keywords=p3d4-12

I have the P2D4's and have been extremely happy with them, although I wish they could handle more power.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

43 minutes ago, PC Principal said:

The P3D4's are a good subs at an even better price. Under $300 for the pair at the jungle:  https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P3D4-12-Subwoofers/dp/B00961G1KM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515591996&sr=8-2&keywords=p3d4-12

I have the P2D4's and have been extremely happy with them, although I wish they could handle more power.

Most Likely they are not an authorized dealer. So warranty could be sketchy.

Shipping will kill you !

Be careful with SP Audio : you might be disappointed, We had a lot of their products recently, and it was really hard (quite impossible) to have a good sound with them !!!

Try Blade Ice in UK for some good subs, without too much shipping costs.

Good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Vibe audio

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Also try Alphard and pride

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

^^^^^ this, i would look at Alphard which i believe is now all DEAF BOUNCE , and PRIDE, which i think the two are affiliated, ... and skip out on some over seas shipping. Great drivers, the dude that runs nothing but DEAF BOUNCE here, loves them, is LOUD as fuck, all the good stuff. Id sniff around those peeps first, then look over the pond if it was me..... Good luck finding ya something. I forget how lucky we are here sometimes. 

Archived