Sundown Audio

crescendo bc2000 only doing 1000rms, why?

akuma4u

Just now, juan777 said:

There are people who are much louder than me on half the power, so no, you can't tell the difference, too many variables.

This is not a personal attack on the OP, just general advice for new bassheads:

Please know that your ears lie all the time. Always look for science based results using precise equipment. There are simply too many variables for your ear to give you an accurate answer. 

Also a sentence like "Sounds like a 140dB!!!" is very subjective. People question their meter readings simply because they thought it sounded like a 140dB and the meter said 133dB. There's a chance the equipment is off, but 99.9% of the time, your ear lied to you.

sorry i have to add... yes in certain instances you are right but i think with my situation,. same car, same enclosure, same sub same electrical. only thing changed was an amp doing 1000rms and then swapped with a lower budget amp doing 2000rms, and you could feel and hear the difference immediately. Hell.. before doing the swap i was saying for months and months to myself that theres no way this is 2000rms its more like 1000rms.. i knew it then.. the test just backs it up even more now.. sure it may not be 100% accurate but to me it shows what i felt the amp was doing in the first place.

so not only did i

a) feel it was 1000rms for months from just the output and way my subs played

b ) swapped it for another 2000 rms amp and noticed a huge difference as in "wow, now THIS is what im talking about" type reaction.

c) had it tested and it proved both a and b.. (for further explanation of the testing ONE person can call the shop and ask them questions if they want..)

and also , it was not only me. it was several people who sat in my car both before and after amp swap and stated the same thing.. one was a hifonics hater and is now a believer but then again if that bc2000 was working as it should im sure it would have blown the hifonics out of the water.

11 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Oh boy.

The method of testing matters big time and can make a huge huge difference in the numbers you get out of it.

If only knew how little power your subs are getting from any amp, it would blow your mind.

If you dont want the amp anf you think its junk I'll pay for shipping and you can gift it to me, lol.

. it seems you know the correct method of testing and all this. so why dont you call them up and ask them and come back here and tell me what you were told and what method they used . their number is on the scanned first page. i already asked them this and he told me oscope and 2 ohm load to just before distortion with 100hz and 13.5v..

What did they say was the problem?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I had a weird amp issue with output years ago with a SQ3500, SQ tested and could not get it to fail like it did for me. I ended up getting a new one because Fedex damaged the bad one so they kind of did me a favor.

So I know there can be issues that a bench test might not show.

However, this sounds like 3 things, the shop tested it inaccurately, you tuned the Crescendo incorrectly and the Hifonics correctly, or the amp is simply defective.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

4 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

considering the fact you are concerned about the small possibility that they swapped out your board or other parts, taking the screws off the back plate and taking some pics is some personal insurance for next time.  If they test it in front of you, fine.  What youre saying is you dropped it off and let them do whatever, without you being able to verify anything, including them giving you back the same parts.

Tip for next time: take a look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo

Go ahead just take a look at it.

sorry let me clarify because i think there is some confusion..

lesss than 2 years ago i bought a BSTOCK bc2000 direct from crescendo.. after several months it went into protect and wouldnt come out.. i sent it to crescendo,. they told me the board had to be replaced,. they offered me either a refund in full or repair with new board.. i chose the 2nd option.. i get it back and now its out of protect and it works. but... it just didnt sound like 2000rms to me.. months pass and then i got it tested from a local shop. I am not saying the local shop swapped or took parts.. they are too highly regarded in my city to do such a thing and have perfect reviews.. i was speculating that when crescendo did the repair that maybe they put in a lower rms board in there .. i dont think this is the case now because the power ground and the gain low pass dials wouldnt perfectly match up to both ends of the case if it was a different board. so what i think happened is something on the board went.. and the thing needs repairing.

when i told this to the local shop he said that some companies over state and he feels nothing is wrong with the amp and this is just what it naturally is able to produce. He is right in the sense that some companties overstate but.. with crescendo i cant believe them doing that and this amp is on par or close to on par with sundowns 2000d ..

7 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

What did they say was the problem?

he said there was no problem and this is just what the amp does.. he said crescendo may dyno their products differently to produce more rms but the way they do it is testing it to just before distortion.

35 minutes ago, akuma4u said:

. it seems you know the correct method of testing and all this. so why dont you call them up and ask them and come back here and tell me what you were told and what method they used . their number is on the scanned first page. i already asked them this and he told me oscope and 2 ohm load to just before distortion with 100hz and 13.5v..

Nah, not my amp, not my job.

You came here seeking answers, not me.

We cant help you without knowing all the details, saying with an oscope tells us nothing.

Send it to someone with an amp dyno and see what the results are.

I think thw droppin hz guys dyno amps for a fee.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

22 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Nah, not my amp, not my job.

You came here seeking answers, not me.

We cant help you without knowing all the details, saying with an oscope tells us nothing.

Send it to someone with an amp dyno and see what the results are.

I think thw droppin hz guys dyno amps for a fee.

how can i find the answers if i dont know what questions to ask?

YOU know the questions to ask and you are the one who isnt sold on their results so thats why i was asking you to call ..i am just a beginner i dont know all the technical stuff like you do so if you dont want to call ,  if u can just list the questions and i will ask them and post their answers here tomorrow.

and no im not spending 60-80 bucks plus dyno testing fee plus return shipping to find out something i already know and am personally satisfied with.

If i spend any money on shipping it will be to send it back to crescendo audio for return or repair.

I'm assuming the obvious. Everything is LITERALLY THE SAME before and after you sent and received it? I'd triple check your voltage if it's not "sound right" I had the same issue with my build. But i moved my box to a new house, put it back in and came to find out that the subwoofer wiring was loose touching each other inside the box. It was screwing up the ohm load.

Archived