Sundown Audio

crescendo bc2000 only doing 1000rms, why?

akuma4u

there is another issue with the amp which MAY be related to the low numbers its pulling or it could be totally unrelated.. the gain dial on the amp is loose or something is not making a connection.. as i turn the gain the bass completely will cut out,. then if i continue turning it will suddenly come back on.. or even if i just lightly tap it , it will come back on.. almost like a short or something.. i made a video showing the issue,. again im not sure if this is a separate issue or if its related.. in the video when it starts there is no bass.. then i ever so lightly just tap the gain dial and the bass comes back on.. still doesnt sound like 2000 rms but the bass at least comes back on.

1 hour ago, Wishuponasub said:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Not yet..i can try to get this gain knob issue fixed and then retest the rms and see if it pulls higher numbers. If it does then obviously that was the issue. But a fee weeks ago when i made a thread for that gain dial issue..i wasbgetting responses that its a sinple fix and prob just needs a connection resoldered as my tool may have been to rough and dislodged the dial a bit. So..what u see in the vid may be a conpletely seperate issue. I did tell the shop about this issue and they told me yhey played around with the dial and only did the test when it was producing voltage

Forgot i even commented on this.... slow your roll there chief, i was just saying that a shop, in the far north, has created their own amplifer DYNO , that, has taken TD a few years to create, seemed a little "off, and, well, bullshit" to me. A piece of testing gear, that can show out put, of a board, at certain loads, reactive loads. That was all man. Im to old to really give a shit either way, but, there seems there is a problem, ...  I think you could tell from one amp to the other, or if it didnt come close to perfroming the "same" even to your earhole when it came back from nendo repair.

The 1k board in the 2k case is nonsense. Just non sense.

ANYWAY,...

Also, the gain knob being fucked up, youd think such a highly reguarded shop woulda noticed that also. Willing to bet that could be your issue.

Maybe that shop, knowing what they are looking for, may be able to fix you up.  Again man, relax, and lets see this issue can get sorted, ...  If i came off as an asshole, well, thats kinda just fact, but, i think you misread some of my asshole, not letting me get full credit on legit asshole.  Stay frosty up there yo, and keep us informed on the outcome. You seem like your gonna get to the bottom of it hell or high water, and thats rad. Good luck. 

6 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Forgot i even commented on this.... slow your roll there chief, i was just saying that a shop, in the far north, has created their own amplifer DYNO , that, has taken TD a few years to create, seemed a little "off, and, well, bullshit" to me. A piece of testing gear, that can show out put, of a board, at certain loads, reactive loads. That was all man. Im to old to really give a shit either way, but, there seems there is a problem, ...  I think you could tell from one amp to the other, or if it didnt come close to perfroming the "same" even to your earhole when it came back from nendo repair.

The 1k board in the 2k case is nonsense. Just non sense.

ANYWAY,...

Also, the gain knob being fucked up, youd think such a highly reguarded shop woulda noticed that also. Willing to bet that could be your issue.

Maybe that shop, knowing what they are looking for, may be able to fix you up.  Again man, relax, and lets see this issue can get sorted, ...  If i came off as an asshole, well, thats kinda just fact, but, i think you misread some of my asshole, not letting me get full credit on legit asshole.  Stay frosty up there yo, and keep us informed on the outcome. You seem like your gonna get to the bottom of it hell or high water, and thats rad. Good luck. 

LOL if you back track any faster you are going to moonwalk right off the internet.

You clearly called me out and said " I'm calling straight bullshit on you having a "electronics" shop test anything. "

I proved you wrong.  /end

again not sure why you would think i was lying or making shit up. i told you the truth and then i proved it. You could be a man and simply say "ok sorry you actually did have a shop test it out, sorry for doubting you" that wouldve been the mature thing to do. But look at what you are doing.. you are trying to play semantics in an effort to hide your error in judgement. Smooth homie..

You havent proven anything and your amp is still broken.  You still dont know how it was 'tested'.  I'm just sayin.

Good luck figuring it out, though.  Sad to hear about good equipment running bad.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

"ok sorry you actually did have a shop test it out, sorry for doubting you"

And again, best of luck with your issue. I will just stay out of all the dumb fuck threads you start on here, from now on.  Ill block you, and wont see a single thing you post. So that way, you wont feel threatened or whatever, and i wont make the mistake of replying to anything having to do with you what so ever  ...

AGAIN,  Take care. Keep bumpin. 

58 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

"ok sorry you actually did have a shop test it out, sorry for doubting you"

And again, best of luck with your issue. I will just stay out of all the dumb fuck threads you start on here, from now on.  Ill block you, and wont see a single thing you post. So that way, you wont feel threatened or whatever, and i wont make the mistake of replying to anything having to do with you what so ever  ...

AGAIN,  Take care. Keep bumpin. 

LMAO wow you get so emotional so easy. You clearly said i didnt test shit and you didnt believe it blah blah blah.. I showed you PROOF I did.. now was the test done to your liking? was it the specific test you wanted? maybe not but it was a test nonetheless.

let me break it down for you. If you are trying to get milk from a cow there are 3 or 4 methods.. one is manually using your hands,. one is a manual pump, one is a automatic pump and another way may be some high tech new super fast way. ALL methods will produce milk. Some may get a little more milk than others. But you got milk.

I did a test. i got a reading,. it may not be the test you wanted but it was a test nonetheless. You said you wanted to call and have the stores name etc etc etc ,. well i posted it for you.. did you call like u said u were? even after i said ONE person could call? no you didnt. why ? what happened now?

dont talk shit and call someone out for being a liar and then when they prove it to you act like a baby.. grow up FFS.

is the 76 in your username the year your were born or your IQ? it cant be the year you were born.. no one that age can be that damn immature...

3 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

You havent proven anything and your amp is still broken.  You still dont know how it was 'tested'.  I'm just sayin.

Good luck figuring it out, though.  Sad to hear about good equipment running bad.

no i did not get it repaired, i paid them only to check the rms not for a repair job.. i do know the basics on how it was tested,. as i stated before 2 ohm load, using oscope 100hz 13.5v tested to just before distortion.. the deeper details and more technical stuff i did not ask because i do not know about that stuff.. i did ask you to list the questions so i can ask him  but i never got any questions to ask...

i will get the gain dial issue fixed and see if that solves the problem.

2qx93bc.jpg

am i the only one noticing the squaring off at the bottom of the waves its bugging me

he tested it when he had voltage key word when

was your gain that loose after you got it back from crescendo?

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived