Sundown Audio

crescendo bc2000 only doing 1000rms, why?

akuma4u

hey - so i purchased a bc2000 over a year ago and within a few months had to send it in for repair because it stopped working.. they replaced the board on it and sent it back.. it worked but.. it didnt seem like a true 2000 watts.. it always seemed like a 1000 watts.. so, after more months i finally decided to have it tested. So i took it out and swapped it for a hifonics brx2400 amp and wow what a night and day difference. but anyways..

got the results back from the electronics shop.. they did a dyno and told me its only pulling 512rms @ 2 ohms! they said everything else looked fine and no other problems..

this amp is suppose to do 1100rms @ 2 0hms

so.. what the hell could be the issue here? is it possible the put in a 1000 watt board instead of a 2000 watt board when i sent it in for warranty repair the first time? i certainly hope not but it seems this way..

could something else cause this amp to do only 50% of what its suppose to do?

i have yet to contact them about this issue but i will but am afraid of a runaround or lack of help with this issue...

How did this "electronics shop" test the amp?

be as specific as possible.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

good question.. i have yet to find this out.. they just called me to tell me its doing 512 @ 2 ohms on the bench..

i will go there to pick up the amp tmrw and i will ask more questions on how they actually tested it.. please tell me specifically if i should ask anything in particular.

hundreds but i will assume you are referring to car audio products.

yes.. about 8 amps,. half a dozen subs. head uints, batteries..

the only 2 things that failed on me are

1) crescendo bc2000

2) sundown zv3 foam cracking issue.

i make 2 threads for these 2 issues and that makes you think all my equipment breaks.. LOL

3 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

you took that more serious than I intended. that's what i get for trying sarcasm and text.

sarcasm via text  is usually a no go online .. obviously cuz of lack of body language and tone of voice etc.. so usually people take it as an attack as i did. I was actually debating on editing my post and tearing into you.. LOL good thing i didnt now that u have explained it was just playful sarcasm..

i know, i always forget that. i super sarcastic and it's obvious if you are actually talking to me. but for real, text and sarcasm are like nascar and right turns.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I'm calling straight bullshit on you having a "electronics" shop test anything. How?? How did they test it? How did they get the reactive load to 2ohm??

Give me the number of the shop so I can call them. I'd like to chat with them, for real. Please post the shops number or DM it to me, and give me the name of the guy that helped you. And no, I hardly doubt a 1k board would, "slide right in" to a 2k case, all inputs, outputs,  adjustment post and all line up dead bang. I don't know nendo products from a hole in the ground,  but I've never seen a nendo 1k.  But, I have zero clue. 

Archived