On 1/12/2018 at 12:37 PM, ChevyBoy95 said:

IF they are all connected together, that XS isnt doing the "Starting", the whole bank is. You could have nothing in the starter location if you wanted to and it would still start if all OEM wires are still connected to the rear bank (if the stock location was just a distro set up). 

OP, as a rule of thumb, you just want the starter to be on par and the same composition as the bank (if bank is AGM, generally most want a AGM for the starter).

I think you are very right about this. It didn't occur to me that is how the batteries work when you wire them all together. I knew that it would act as one single big battery, but I thought that you could get more power out of a single battery if it is more closely wired to whatever it is powering. Which is why I thought that having my little xp750 would give my mids and highs a little more juice over the sub amp. In the end, it seems that the audiopipe amp I run is very power hungry and draws as much power as it can from whatever source it's connected to. So in the end, it is serving as supplemental energy for everything else.

Anyway, how about agm + lithium, if it's one starting agm and the bank is lithium? 

2 hours ago, Twonnie said:

I think you are very right about this. It didn't occur to me that is how the batteries work when you wire them all together. I knew that it would act as one single big battery, but I thought that you could get more power out of a single battery if it is more closely wired to whatever it is powering. Which is why I thought that having my little xp750 would give my mids and highs a little more juice over the sub amp. In the end, it seems that the audiopipe amp I run is very power hungry and draws as much power as it can from whatever source it's connected to. So in the end, it is serving as supplemental energy for everything else.

Anyway, how about agm + lithium, if it's one starting agm and the bank is lithium? 

You would be wiring the batteries in parallel unless you want to run a high voltage setup.

agm+lithium is a great combo. 

Seen and heard many builds with it and the voltage is always solid. 

Just know that even if you have x amount of batteries, you need to properly supply them with an alt. 

Your electrical should be the first thing done a build. Do it right the first time and you'll save yourself money and a headache down the road. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

9 hours ago, Twonnie said:

I think the next thing I'm going to do is replace the battery under the hood with something like a d7500, that should be enough to power 2,500 watts plus the car alone right? Might not be too good on the stock alternator, but since I don't even crank it up very high atm I think it should be fine till I can get a HO alt.

use the vehicle application guide on www.4xspower.com to find the right battery for under your hood. Gotta make sure the battery you put in there will actually fit the way it's supposed to. the OEM calculator is located as a drop down at the top of the homepage.

The goal was to just get it paying before winter. It's been below freezing here in Ohio so I haven't really gotten much else done.

Took the back seats out, built a platform, started to try and seal off the trunk, replaced front door speakers, big 3, installed amps / batteries, and finally the subs. 

The dash is still torn apart from when I tried to install a new stereo, but didn't realize the car needs a separate component for it. Accidentally triggered the security system in the process. My brother bought a dash kit for me as a Christmas gift so I assumed it came with the component that is needed, but did not. 

I think it's just a small screen that displays the car's information / communicates with the security system etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Been looking for something so I don't set the security system of again, anybody else here ever done an install on an 06' Pontiac g6?

5O0Lw4y.jpgw7t23KJ.jpgTPhRXcU.jpgc6MeUpY.jpgQWIKckT.jpg

Archived