Second Skin Audio

Check my Torres specs.

Devil Reject

Been creeping on here for a few years trying to retain as much info as possible. Just got 2 sa10's a couple months ago to put in my 2006 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab. I have a CT Sounds AT1400.1d and plan on getting another one in a couple of months. I replaced my rear bench seat for captain's and will be placing the box in between the seats. Max width is 11.5 inches, Height of 28", and max Depth of 27". I would like someone to check my port size. Thanks for any help.5a57a473e3186_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.f1122379da1851a8896e5208b75f362f.png  

3 common port walls is dependent on port placement in the enclosure. if it will be utilizing 3 walls of the enclosure (top-bottom-side, or two sides and either top or bottom) then yes, 3 common port walls. if it is a center slot port, utilizing only two common walls (top/bottom) then the number would be 2. and there is also the ability to only have one common port wall, but that typically lacks enough port area in my opinion.

which brings me to your port area. if you're planning on adding another 1400.1, then I think you need a little more port area than 35in^2. I would say at least 50in^2, with closer to 60 being better. with only a single 1400.1 you'll be fine, but with adding another, you need more port. increasing the port area will require you to increase your enclosure size to achieve the same tuning.

you'll need to increase the size of your enclosure in order to increase the size of your port, which is needed to accommodate the amount of power you intend to power your subwoofers with. using your max dimensions gives you about 4.4ft^3 gross volume. increase your port height to at least 5", giving you 50in^2 of port area, and adjust the length of your port accordingly to the tuning of your desire/need. keep in mind you will need at least 5 inches in between the two ends of your port and any surfaces. if after doing that, you have more than 2ft^3 of net enclosure volume, then you can shrink the dimensions of the enclosure and the length of the port to fine tune it to 2ft^3 @ 35hz.

Archived