Second Skin Audio

Sub box port measuring

AndriusLT

the full length of the port is what matters.  if you dont plan on making them angled and flush with the face of the box then its simple algebra.  if  you are going to flush them its still simple math, just figuring the volume of a cylinder and triangle (roughly).  

I think you would be good just splitting the difference (measure from center)

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

2 hours ago, AndriusLT said:

So its the same as I would have without angled front? Because I need to make the front angled so it could fit nicely in my E39 trunk.

basically.  it doesnt matter if you measure from the top of the port or the bottom if you arent beveling the ports.

if you are going to flush the ports with the face of the box (therefore angling the port mouths) it will change the overall volume of the ports, although not by much. 

what are the dimensions of the ports?  what angle do you intend to cut them at?  personally i'd leave the little bit of port sticking out though the ski opening if you can, it'll be simpler

based on some quick torres results, that gives you a tuning of about 30hz (not a big difference, plus i rounded the dimensions to make it simpler).  thats pretty low tuning, but to each their own!  after plugging in the info of you box and amp into Triticums port calculator, it looks like youll run into port compression/noise, you may want to have a more experienced box builder chime in.  @Triticum Agricolam might hopefully see this.  hes a damn genius.

Archived