Second Skin Audio

FI Team wall type?

Mr DeeBeez

6 hours ago, alex912005 said:

No, because if you tune too low you won't have any high bass.

that's not true. while there is a decline as the frequency gets higher, it is still very flat on a regular ported enclosure design, completely opposite of the roll off you see going lower than tuning. if you're losing higher frequencies, then its your crossover setting, or the woofer can't play it. The lower you tune the more decibels you'll lose as frequency increases, but the enclosure tuned to 20hz will still be able to play 80hz, or 100hz, etc, until you've exceeded the frequency band of the woofer, or your crossover point.

Regular ported box/wall are easier to tune, and to build. And they are more musical ?

Why bother to build a 6th order bandpass wall ? What benefits ?

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

14 hours ago, reedal said:

that's not true. while there is a decline as the frequency gets higher, it is still very flat on a regular ported enclosure design, completely opposite of the roll off you see going lower than tuning. if you're losing higher frequencies, then its your crossover setting, or the woofer can't play it. The lower you tune the more decibels you'll lose as frequency increases, but the enclosure tuned to 20hz will still be able to play 80hz, or 100hz, etc, until you've exceeded the frequency band of the woofer, or your crossover point.

That's exactly what I said. You just contradicted and then confirmed what I said in the same phrase.

13 hours ago, alex912005 said:

That's exactly what I said. You just contradicted and then confirmed what I said in the same phrase.

You must not have understood it, because what I said is only a contradiction to your statement. You said "No, because if you tune too low you won't have any high bass.", which is wrong, because tuning low doesn't mean you won't have high bass. To simplify what I said, your output will decrease as frequency increases, but it is not drastic and it is very capable of producing higher bass notes unless you've reached a crossover point, or the woofer can not reproduce that frequency.

Archived