Sonic Electronix

Under hood batteries enough?

I have 2 stock batteries in my 2011 6.7 f250.  Going to be running a 3500 sub amp and whatever my door speaker amp will be.  I’m guessing around a lil over 4Kish power.  Any idea if I upgrade my batteries to some decent AGM batteries that would suffice?  Or am I looking at a upgraded alt as well and extra batteries? 

I have 3 xs power 3100s but there way to big to fit under the hood and just trying to justify the need of them anymore.

15 minutes ago, Sky said:

Alt upgrade and 2 agm batteries under hood?

That plus a couple of runs back to some dual inputs on the sub amp and i would say you'd be ok.

Just my opinion based on my knowledge though.

There are other variables that if you could provide would help get more/better advice. Such as what amp? planned intended final impedance amp will see?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

I'm running what could basically be described as a scaled down version of what you have planned, about 2400w total (rated). I have a 250A alternator with three group 65 batteries, i very rarely see anything below 13.8v.It's probably overkill but i'm fine with that.

You might be best off with a HO alt and the three AGM's, two under hood and one closer to your sub amp.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Archived