Second Skin Audio

box help for noob

Scott Burgess

i have a 1990 ranger ext cab with a 8 cubic foot box runnin 2 older jbl 12 inch subs and a fosgate p2002 old school amp 200 watt rms into 4 ohm the box is 22x22x30 way to big but hits the lows so swwet

i aquired from a shop closure a wad of soundstream equipment 2x dub12-4 ohm dvc  500 watt subs 

2x picaso nano mono block 650 watt amps and a 520 watt 4 ch amp for future componants

i have been trying to reverse engineer the last pic i found online 

please help i cant figure this out just want it to look similar with the correct cubes for 2 soundstream 12's 

and to fill the back of the cab

enclosed is the perimeters the subs are calling for

ive never had matching audio equipment and really want to have a setup i can be proud to show off 

i love the plexi on the front to show off the box and subs 

any help in design and especially a cut list would really make my day

thanks for any help you guys offer  also 

the space is 50 inches wide  14 inches front to back and 24 inches top to bottom  with a 6x6 inch notch in the back its part of the chassis

the sides act as legs with the notch cut out around that metal part i measured  my truck to match the pic of the custom job in the pic

scott

20180116_210248.jpg

20180116_210040.jpg

20180116_210130.jpg

20180116_210134.jpg

Screenshot_20180116-204501.png

• 3 weeks later...

15 days not 1 reply 

36 hours on ct-sounds forums and 14 reply's and 2 box design plans and a guy local 

that offered help cutting and building the box 

i feel I'm not high end enough for this forum 

he said this strata 12 design would fit nicely and the subs would preform 

CT0010_2_Strato12_3.00_35HZ.pdf

People's responses, or lack there of, don't have anything to do with how "high end" your build is or not.  I can't speak for everyone else, but sometimes people's requests just slip through the cracks.  Its been 15 days, but you never bumped your post.  I never even saw your post until now.  

I only have so much time/energy to spend on helping people each day, your original post is a bit difficult to follow, so that makes it easy to just skip over it and go on to the next person, at least for me.  Did the people on ct-sounds forum give you what you need or are you still looking for help?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

^^^^ I agree. I didnt even see this post at all untill now. There is more than few enclosure designers on this forum, and they do NOTHING but try and help. Not to mention, countless members with just great knowledge, and a ass ton of experiance. Wealth of knowledge here, as well as just great people.

The comment of this forum being to high zoot,.. is not to cool man. You kinda short cut everyone on here. Not appreciated, and dont know where or why your feeling that way at all.

Hell, you have more gear and money than many members trying to get a build going. Can ya be a lil humble ?. That has absolutely nothing to do with getting a response or not here. This forum is full of great memembers, that want to try and help, where they can. With that said, cheers, and welcome to it. That is if you stay and feel cool about it, i guess. 

Anyway, your first post, is a little hard to understand, but i think i get SOME of it. You want your enclosure to look like the 5th pic? Right?. Which, does look pretty neatO. 

Did the CT sounds forum help ya out, and your on your way? Or ? Did you just wanna mention, to us all on this forum, that you got responces there, we blow, lol,...then came back here for real advise ?  Again, anyway,....

I would listen to Triticum. He as well as many many others can really get you pointed in the correct track. Cheers, and welcome to the best car audio forum on the web. 

Archived