Sundown Audio

is it safe to wire each voice coil individually to mono amp?

akuma4u

1 minute ago, akuma4u said:

Thats the first thing i tried..everyone says they can do it but then when they get down to it they tell me they cant. I tried 3 different rebuilders in my area. I think it all has to do with the casing needing to be changed but not enough room to fit a bigger case. I know it sounds doubtful with ne saying no one can do it but feel free to see if u can find any luck im sure u will be told the same thats with rebuilders and perfomance alt remakers. 

Only 2 that came close were ohio gen and quality power alt. Quality power actually said he could do it but then when i researched the company i read so many negative reviews i backed out...

Im not too familiar with Hyundai, but that doesnt surprise me. I did the brakes on an older Elantra for my now ex, and it was a PIA compared to other vehicles I have worked on.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it's spiking just here and there . why not just add a capacitor. maybe your amplifier suffers from power surge issues. i know with my system capacitors smooth out that voltage drop enough for it to slap a few times without a distort light.

4 hours ago, akuma4u said:

I have a question..if u have the same amp and u r doing 1000rms at 2 ohm and 1000rms at 1 ohm..will the current draw be the same or will the 1ohm current draw still be higher since its 1ohm?

If 1000 at 1ohm will drae more current then maybe i should be looking for an amp that does 1500 to 2000rns at 2ohms instead...

i could see amperage being a issue. if it's a stock alternator . have u tried just adding a aux alternator ? looking online for the same bolt type.  i mean. they Have to have a alternator to fit. or maybe one u can put somewhere  i see your in canada . do u use your AC ? u could try to retro fit it in there some how.

"Cough" http://gpcaraudio.com/hyundai-accent-1-5l-1999-2005-200-amp-team-gp-alternator/ "Cough"

4 minutes ago, jeshua said:

if it's spiking just here and there . why not just add a capacitor. maybe your amplifier suffers from power surge issues. i know with my system capacitors smooth out that voltage drop enough for it to slap a few times without a distort light.

i could see amperage being a issue. if it's a stock alternator . have u tried just adding a aux alternator ? looking online for the same bolt type. 

No room for an aux alt ...regarding the cap. I ddi think about this. Ive had people tell me its pointless and some said it actually works against the charging system but forgot what the reason was. Would adding a cap stress the factory alt even more and just be another bank for it to fill? 

17 minutes ago, jeshua said:

hmm check that  GP audio link in that quote @akuma4u  find your way around they make for every car model it seems idk if that was your model.

k just spoke with gp audio.. he said he has to check he may have a hairpin case made that will fit.. he will let me know.. crossing my fingers man..

thanks for the recommendation .. first ive heard of this company.. i hope they do what they say they do. .have yet to look up any reviews. but the cases look beautiful at least lol

Gp isnt very popular here but some people use his stuff. As long as it works for u and does wats claimed i see no issue with getn their product as long as u like it.

4 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

Gp isnt very popular here but some people use his stuff. As long as it works for u and does wats claimed i see no issue with getn their product as long as u like it.

i didnt know where else  to go   but i seen it and bam.

Wait a second.

You have two group 31 agms and you’re only on 2krms? 

You should be fine with your electrical, assuming there isn’t a weak point in your wiring.

the “loudness” setting on your head unit should be at 0 

it will introduce distortion.

i feel like this might just be a tuning problem and not an amp problem.

What’s the headunit you’re running?

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

49 minutes ago, Mitchaford said:

Wait a second.

You have two group 31 agms and you’re only on 2krms? 

You should be fine with your electrical, assuming there isn’t a weak point in your wiring.

the “loudness” setting on your head unit should be at 0 

it will introduce distortion.

i feel like this might just be a tuning problem and not an amp problem.

What’s the headunit you’re running?

No i dont have 2 group 31s. I gotta check the group size. They arent small they r on the large side but not g31 size. Only weak point in wiring would be lack of alt to batt big 3 step and maaaybe a weak ground point in rear. What i meant by loudness on mid is that even when its on..it should induce clipping. But it still doesnt when running 1000rms...everything works so wonderfulky at 2 ohms. But then at 1 ohm its opposite. When im at 1 ohm pushing 2000rms..of course loudness off..even with bass knob at 60% clipping indicator light starts going nuts..then i tried reducing gain significantly and even then..with bass pretty weak..clip light will still flicker when bass knob is turned up...flickers with each bass note. The sub is brand new reconed and still very stiff.. Now..for the good news

Gp audio has a 200 and 250amp alt for my car! 

Archived