Sonic Electronix

just installed my RF t600 4ch and the rear channels on the amp are making a horrible knocking sound and nothing else.

so front channel works perfectly, swap rca's around and the problem doesnt follow. swap speakers around and the issue still stay with the rear channels. also does it even if the rca's are in. 

basically no matter what speakers i wire to the rear channel, what wires, with or with out rca's, and swapping rca's around does not make a change.

im thinking bad amp.

it is brand new out the box i just took the plastic off and everything. is there anything ive missed?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

yeah they will, i just like to try all options first.

oh, got my 2 15s playing and metered. im in the mid 140db range from 36hz to 55hz. only half power and still working on electrical upgrades.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

so tried testing it some more, used different rca, speaker and wires. only does it in 4ch mode and wont do it in 2ch mode. swapping rca's (front to back, back to front) didnt change that fact. going to get an RA from rockford.

also my 1500bdcp i have had for 8 years almost is starting to be temper mental. during the process of installing the 600.4 i had to disconnect it, after reconnecting it was giving any output from the speaker outputs. had signal going in but not out. disconnected it and reconnected everything same issue still. then for some reason started working and has been working just fine since.

if the issue continues with the 1500 ill be looking for a used 2500 constant power!

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived