Best 6.5 component Door speakers

frenziedcage

I'm using Focal component speakers on a 50x4 rms amp on an active setup (each speaker gets its own channel) and I absolutely love them. They sound nearly as good as my Klipsch Ref towers.... BUT I'm an SQ guy... 

That being said I use B2 for my low end and I'm super impressed with it so far. They offer a 3-way ref 6.5" mid bass, 3" mid, and 1" tweet setup that has been getting rave reviews. Might be worth checking out? 

4 hours ago, Timzx14 said:

What is the best sounding 6.5 component speakers for bass? I know everyone loves Focal and Morel just curious if there are more crisp options? 

Starting your own thread would be nice. 

I’m a Linear Power guy. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

1 hour ago, Casparado said:

I'm using Focal component speakers on a 50x4 rms amp on an active setup (each speaker gets its own channel) and I absolutely love them. They sound nearly as good as my Klipsch Ref towers.... BUT I'm an SQ guy... 

That being said I use B2 for my low end and I'm super impressed with it so far. They offer a 3-way ref 6.5" mid bass, 3" mid, and 1" tweet setup that has been getting rave reviews. Might be worth checking out? 

I’ll have to look into them I have a 2013 335xi BMW that’s got a Harmen Kardon system in it 6.5 door and 4” with I believe a 1” tweeter and it’s just went to crap the voice coil is rattling I’m just looking to move up I love bass and I just want to go up and get reliable speakers. I had seen some massive audio 6.5 components when I was looking a few days ago but I haven’t seen any massive audio equipment some I’m not to sure on the quality of there stuff. I’ve been around focal and a lot of others but it’s always been 8” or 10” so that why I’m asking on 6.5” to see what everyone who’s been around has to think. 

39 minutes ago, Timzx14 said:

I’ll have to look into them I have a 2013 335xi BMW that’s got a Harmen Kardon system in it 6.5 door and 4” with I believe a 1” tweeter and it’s just went to crap the voice coil is rattling I’m just looking to move up I love bass and I just want to go up and get reliable speakers. I had seen some massive audio 6.5 components when I was looking a few days ago but I haven’t seen any massive audio equipment some I’m not to sure on the quality of there stuff. I’ve been around focal and a lot of others but it’s always been 8” or 10” so that why I’m asking on 6.5” to see what everyone who’s been around has to think. 

I have an E39 BMW M5 in my garage. I haven't touched the audio in it because it sounds so damn good. It's not loud... it just sounds good.... 3 way in the front and 2x10" through the rear deck, all low wattage.  

I don't know what BMW did with that DSP but it sounds damn good. It's not loud, but that M5 sounds better than any other stock system I have ever heard... , and I have owned some nice cars

20 minutes ago, Casparado said:

I don't know what BMW did with that DSP but it sounds damn good. It's not loud, but that M5 sounds better than any other stock system I have ever heard... , and I have owned some nice cars

When I got it they sounded alright, and as time progressed the clarity faded and then the voice coil started getting quite rattle then it just has gotten to the point that it’s driving me stupid. Hay also what focal’s do you have the 165a1sg or the focal 165k2’s? Also no eyebrow emoji I’m just looking around for something better I’m not here to roll my eyes at peoples opinions just advice on what’s good. The way my car is is it’s got 6.5 in the driver and passenger doors with tweeters a 4” under dash and on top of the dash with a tweeter and back doors I think are same as front with same in back as on top of my dash.

Has anyone tried the massive pk6 component speakers and what your thoughts? Also I know there’s lots of options like focal’s 165k2’s and morel Skar which everyone loves to dump on, and same for rockville. Which I know I want to get a good range with some good mid bass. I just want to know which is going to benefit the best? Before everyone gets pissy I know those brands are not on the same page that some of them are more advanced it’s just an example of what’s common in what I’ve seen for component 6.5’s 

Archived