Best 6.5 component Door speakers

frenziedcage

I'm planning a new build soon with a new car and I want to refrain from doing custom door pods and custom looking stuff as it will be a daily. the build I was planning was either 2 12" PSI platform 2s or 1 psi platform 4 15" running on a DC Audio 3.5k. I just wanted to get peoples recommendations on really great door speakers. In some previous builds I've done I've used crescendo PWX 6.5 with custom pods I've also used neopros by sundown. I'm mainly in the market for something that is going to be somewhat balanced with a 3500wrms sub.. The build is going to obviously be a SPL build so I'm not to concerned with SQ components I just want something that will be loud, clean and balanced without having to make custom door pods for multiple mids.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, frenziedcage said:

I'm planning a new build soon with a new car and I want to refrain from doing custom door pods and custom looking stuff as it will be a daily. the build I was planning was either 2 12" PSI platform 2s or 1 psi platform 4 15" running on a DC Audio 3.5k. I just wanted to get peoples recommendations on really great door speakers. In some previous builds I've done I've used crescendo PWX 6.5 with custom pods I've also used neopros by sundown. I'm mainly in the market for something that is going to be somewhat balanced with a 3500wrms sub.. The build is going to obviously be a SPL build so I'm not to concerned with SQ components I just want something that will be loud, clean and balanced without having to make custom door pods for multiple mids.

how was your experience with the pwx's? Im in the process of switch over to those. 

• 5 weeks later...

Contact Hybrid Audio via E-Mail and get an open/damaged box Clarus 6.5 Component System. I have these inside my doors and they sound great. I couldn't get them to sound good in my eBay pods though.

Image Dynamics CXS64 v2 in my cheap eBay door pods sound decent (I had Hybrid Audio Unity series in my pods before I did the switch). The Image Dynamics midbass requires more depth to mount though.

It's been hard for me to try and upgrade my Clarus passive system to something else because it just sounds too good. I think what makes it stand out is the amazing Tweeters because my previous setup was the Hybrid Audio Unity line (uses same midbass speakers as the Clarus I think?). If I were to upgrade again one day I really want to try the old school Hertz 165XL.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what your budget is, but my recommendation is the RF Punch Pro mids and tweets. I have a set of the 6.5's in my doors on a Punch 400 and they scream.

https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pp4-nt/

https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pps4-6/

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

Archived