Sundown Audio

Which amp/ amps?

Ispector

This is for constructive information and not intended to bash any brand or type of amplifier. The choice is between a Banda 8k or 2 crossfire C5 1700d’s. There is a $50 difference between the two choices. This will power a pair of DD 9510’s in my sons Honda Crosstour. We have installed an 80 PRS, 270 amp. alternator, 4 C&D group 31’s, 2 runs of 1/0, 2  Soundstream TN 4.900d’s for the mids and tweets, 2 DD 9510’s @ 1 ohm in a 2.5 cu.ft. box tuned to 32 hz, a lot of deadener, and many hours of work. I’m debating these two amp choices and wanted to get some other opinions, information, or knowledge from people who have experience with these two choices. The 1700’s would be at 0.5 ohm each or the Banda would be at 1 ohm. I have never owned a Banda, but I’m intrigued by the dollar per watt, size, and efficiency of these amplifiers. I am also interested in the power, and efficiency of the 1700’s. I have read a lot and watched several videos about both choices. If any other info is needed lmk. Thanks in advance for your help!

I’ve never ran any of those 2 amps . I love your choice of subs , would use a DD amp to match the subs , but if your set on those 2 would run 1ohm over .5 if possible your electrical is good but at .5 would still drop a lot.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived