Please help! Is this amp shot?

Danniboi99

I was playing music. It was not loud at all. About a quarter of the way up. while the music was playing, the music continued to play but the bass shut off. I turned down the music then a super hot kinda smell started filling my car. I realized it was my amp so I popped the trunk and my amp was smoking so I unhooked everything asap. But anyways, it's a 3000 watt interfere amp, have never had problems before. Is it blown. The guys look like they may have been burnt but nothing extremely serious. Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

Yep.  Bad news bear

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

You could spend some money and send it to a repair shop to see if it can be repaired, but it looks like it burnt the board and possible traces, but that is nothing more than a guess until you remove the board and see how badly it is on that side.

Luck is on your side and none of the traces are burnt, luck is against you and the traces are toast, and you need a new amp.

EDIT: Personally, i would get a new amp, and one from a well known company that will last and not let the magic smoke out.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

That is one of those you might be better off buying a new amp at the cost of repairs of it.  That one picture with the resistor looks terrible for the boards sake, and alot of the parts close by it are probably fried as well.

So ya best bet is to get a quote from a shop on repairs and if they are in the Hundreds it might be cheaper and more cost effective to just replace it, because down the line something else could go horribly wrong.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Archived