Second Skin Audio

2 x 12 sub box (angled, ported)

AndriusLT

Finally made something am happy with. What do you guys think? Also I want to ask is it okay if put subs in the back and port to front, the distance from port to drivers will not be enough so to correct that i put the subs a little bit to the sides so they could sit nicely beside the port is that okay?

ce4fab606c1071456cc39ed377d9eb5c.png

a9797d7b49d9c3c0734ccb278feca033.png

0fc019ce6e51d41360183ccb4955555d.png

1 hour ago, AndriusLT said:

I calculated everything and tuned it to 35 Hz will be running 800w on the system, net volume: 103 liters, port length: 34 cm.

Thats what i got as well.. With the port blowing into the ski pass you will still see a significant drop off in output above tuning. Most of the port output will only occur around the tuning frequency.

2 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Thats what i got as well.. With the port blowing into the ski pass you will still see a significant drop off in output above tuning. Most of the port output will only occur around the tuning frequency.

Ye so thats why am gonna cut the rear deck holes so the output from the sub goes into cabin as well ?

9 minutes ago, AndriusLT said:

Ye so thats why am gonna cut the rear deck holes so the output from the sub goes into cabin as well 1f914.png

if youre going ot go through the effort of modifying the rear deck, just do subs forward and port up through the deck.  youll be much happier

Archived