Second Skin Audio

Just got dis 18!!! Hi im new.

Irocnoma

Hey whats up im james, im new here.

So i just got what i think is a sundown sa 18 but im not sureill post pics so yall can verify, im here tho because i need to find out how big of a box i should build, its going behind the front seats of my 98 ext cab s10 i have 24 inch from floor the bottom of back window and about 18 in from back wall to back of seat at head level and about 22 at foot level. 42 inches wide at floor 50 wide at bottom of window. Id like to be able to get box in without take seats out if possible. I like the lows so i want a tune of around 29-30hz

jypelmf.jpg

received_1616147208408729.jpeg

received_1616146838408766.jpeg

Welcome to smd! Nice sub, one of our box gurus should see this sooner or later to help you get this going. What amp are you going to be running? The power will determine the port area needed to avoid port compression.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Not to be rude but that is what the internet is built for searching, and If ya 2 inclined not to do the searching for yaself about the item then here is a link that will tell you just about everything you need to know about it!

http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/discontinued/item/sa-18-series

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Thank you, i appreciate you takin time to post, but i have found this page already and i only have a phone no computer, and i aint paying $10 to download sketchup viewer so i can not look at the recommended box designs on this page, hence my post regarding box size

Well im a little disappointed. after much research i have discovered that this sub i was told was a sundown is actually a Stereo Integrity HT 18 which apparently has or had a close relationship with sundown and thats why the basket sais sundown

It is not as sa 18 :/

1 - You can download and use google sketch for free.

2 - Stereo Integrity has nothing to do with Sundown except the fact that the owners (Jacob and Nick) of each company are friends and Stereo Integrity uses a portion of the Sundown HQ building to assemble his products and occasionally uses some Sundown parts. Both owners have collaborated together in the past and that brand name was Obsidian Audio.
3 - That is not a Sundown basket, its an off the shelf China basket that has been used far and wide by many companies over the last 10+ years
4 - Stereo Integrity is more focused around the home theater audio and not so much car audio, granted you could use it in a car if you wanted too. This sub is very similar to an SA-18 and retailed for $190ish when it was in production before being replaced by the version 2 model which was built cheaper and was also cheaper in price for around $150ish.

If nobody comes forward with a design you could use the RE Audio box calculator to design it yourself, though the tuning is a little off because it doesn't take the subwoofer displacement into account. Just tune it 3-4 hz lower than you want. Or you could use a generic box design from the DD website but it won't be tuned to the frequency you want. DD 18 cut sheet 36hz

Archived