Sonic Electronix

Ok I’m kinda new to all of this but I have a Cadillac CTS 05 and I want to install a radio but without the $100 pac harness I don’t care about Onstar or steering controls can someone help me just cut the wires and tell me what each color goes to in my aftermarket radio? Need helps please

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so you expect us to find the information specific to your car for you, because you don't know how to search for it yourself, and then you leave out information about what you've already done to screw it up? How do you even know the radio works anymore? how did you short out a positive terminal when you don't even know what wire does what? you can't just cut into wiring not knowing what each one's purpose is. You're completely able to do the google search yourself to find the wiring diagram specific to your car.

9 minutes ago, Robert1 said:

Wow much help and I already have tried to search there’s nothing for the fucking Cadillac cts

you found the wiring harness for that vehicle but you decided that you're too cool for school. now it's broke b/c you thought you knew better. the reason the harness is $100+ is b/c you car does not use a 12v acc turn on and sends vehicle diagnostics through the radio's chimes. you bought that car, we didn't. I have an old ford focus and newer nissans, none use a data harness. you thought that $100 harness was expensive, wait till you bring it in to fix you're mess up.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

well if we're going to start throwing fucking in the mix....

How about you go buy a fucking multimeter from walmart or home depot (guess what, they can bought for cheap, and are useful as fuck for allllllllll sorts of things) and check your fucking voltage going to the radio's 12v constant, 12v turn-on (which in a few different sites I found doing your search for you, is supposed to be a dark green wire, but this is where a multimeter or test light comes in handy to make sure it is a switched ignition wire), and make sure your ground is actually a ground. then, if all of that is good, check the fuse on the radio, because you might have blown it by being a dumb fuck and not removing the vehicle's ground before you started cutting shit. if you're still having issues after that, and the deck's fusing is good, take the radio out, twist the constant and acc wires together, touch them to the positive of your battery, and the ground to the negative of your battery. if that works, the radio works and you need to go back to step one. if it doesn't work, you fried your radio.

Archived