Second Skin Audio

Question for people with experience using WinISD

bigmacjack

2 hours ago, bigmacjack said:

yea its going to have a shared wall. and im not sure about amp yet were still looking for one. but were planning on running around 5k 

With a single shared wall you can make the port around 26" long and that should tune you to about 32 Hz. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

With a single shared wall you can make the port around 26" long and that should tune you to about 32 Hz. 

well that size port isnt going to work with this box. so i was thinking of changing it to 7"x30" which if i'm doing it correctly is roughly a 4:1 ratio. so then would i make it around 20"? 

55 minutes ago, bigmacjack said:

well that size port isnt going to work with this box. so i was thinking of changing it to 7"x30" which if i'm doing it correctly is roughly a 4:1 ratio. so then would i make it around 20"? 

If its going to be a 3 common wall slot port, that will probably work.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

9 hours ago, bigmacjack said:

its not a 3 common wall only one the box is 49" wide total 

In that case the port will probably need to be closer to 24" to tune you to 32 Hz

Builds:

Just and idea, but instead of having the port oriented horizontally on the bottom of the box, you could orient it vertically and have it along one side.  That should allow you to make the port as long as you need and will also result in a stronger box.  

Builds:

Archived