Viper alarm help on a town car

Hey guys Im trying to install a Viper Responder  350 2 way security system 3305v alarm in a 1999 Lincoln Town Car. No remote start but trying to figure out what all needs to be done to install it. i have reschearched it and I dont understand the Fords PAT Anti-theft Transporder system. I was hoping for help installing this alarm hopefully from start to finish. Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, jessdabest77 said:

Hey guys Im trying to install a Viper Responder  350 2 way security system 3305v alarm in a 1999 Lincoln Town Car. No remote start but trying to figure out what all needs to be done to install it. i have reschearched it and I dont understand the Fords PAT Anti-theft Transporder system. I was hoping for help installing this alarm hopefully from start to finish. Thanks guys.

Good news is, you don't need to mess with the pats transceiver for a basic viper install. 

All you need would be,

12v - yellow or lt.green/violet (+ @ column)

Ign - white/yellow (+ @ column)

Lock - pink/yellow (+ @ driver door harness)

Unlock - pink/lt.green (+ @ driver door harness)

Parking lights - brown (+ @ LCM)

Door trigger (dome light) - black/lt.blue (+ @ LCM)

Trunk trigger - Brown/white (- @ LCM)

Lighting control module is on the right hand side of steering column.Lincoln-1999__element71.JPG.0f5f2e6b4122bff7fc2ac7a677071e4b.JPG

1 hour ago, jessdabest77 said:

Oh wow,so the PATS Transciever is only for remote starts? Also no relays or diodes are needed cause on some sites it says to put them on the lock/unlock and parking lights? And thank you for your help really is useful

Yes it's an engine immobilizer, not needed for keyless entry.

You only need a relay to hook up the trunk release & you only need diodes if you prefer to use the door pins instead of the dome light for door trigger.

Archived