Sundown Audio

Powerus amplifiers

BMS

Single inputs? Obviously that would need some dual/ triple adapters.

Nice guts though.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

yeah triple maybe quad. if it really does 15k. honestly i don't like inputs they don't always have the same diameter as the terminal and they are either tight or not tight. if they come 1/8 turn unscrewed they are loose enough to fall out there isnt the same "compression factor" as wire . of course in this case  you really have no choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on that video.. looks like horrible results.

@1:26-
154.2vAC
70.3aAC
10,840 VA
Impedance- 2.19
DC Voltage- 12.25v
DC Amperage- 1464A (actually 1495A because it started at -31A. IT should have been calibrated before test... but no..)
Power draw VA- 18,313
Efficiency at 2.19ohm- 59.2%

This is pretty terrible efficiency.  
Efficiency rating in manual says 75% so either the manual is way wrong or the tester's method and/or equipment is making this product look terrible.

Also, the limiter "appears" to be a variable threshold device ONLY to the gain control.. 
Hence, like a remote gain control on an amp, it only attenuates below the gain setting on the actual amplifier. 

Do not see the point in this if it's for any form of security?
Taramp's DSP line has a limiter on it that is controlled via DSP.  It monitors the signal quality and (if set at 1% threshold, for example) anything that passes through greater than 1% THD is limited.  This means the DSP limiter is Auto variable, not manually controlled.  Many Pro Audio amplifiers on the market use this type of tech too which is far more effective because nobody on this planet can predict what their input signal voltage is during music playback, lol..  

I do encourage competition to the amplifier market.  Maybe i'm being too harsh for a new company?  Only way to know is to get them in many people's cars and see what they do the first 5 years.

468.png

• 1 month later...

I was going to get one from the PowerUS US Distributor, but they don't have a website or anywhere to send people to other than a guy on Facebook. I told them I'd be willing to test, but didn't want to test amps nobody could get...

Also, when you see 75% efficiency numbers for Brazilian amps, most of the time they are using high frequencies such as 1kHz to get that number. Testing these amps at 40Hz shows they are no more efficient than the half-bridge Korean or Chinese amps.

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Archived