Second Skin Audio

40 minutes ago, Thomas1994 said:

And? Am I missing something? 

Was told by someone not enough info to make a proper box...

Nope theres plenty of info there to design a box with. Its not every ts param but certainly enough to design a proper ported enclosure

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

41 minutes ago, Thomas1994 said:

And? Am I missing something? 

Was told by someone not enough info to make a proper box...

It would be nice if they gave us Sd, Re, and Le, but there is enough info to design a proper box. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

46 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

It would be nice if they gave us Sd, Re, and Le, but there is enough info to design a proper box. 

Hey Triticum, out of curiosity, what does the inductance do for the equations? I'd imagine it'd have something to do with the motor force and efficiency, but i was wondering what your experience was with it.  I know ts params are all interrelated so i should probably answer my own question by playing with winisd.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

4 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Hey Triticum, out of curiosity, what does the inductance do for the equations? I'd imagine it'd have something to do with the motor force and efficiency, but i was wondering what your experience was with it.  I know ts params are all interrelated so i should probably answer my own question by playing with winisd.

Unfortunately I don't have a simple answer for you.  Its generally accepted that lower inductance is good, but as far as how bad having high inductance in subwoofers, it depends on who you ask.  Some people say it does matter at all for subs, others disagree.  There is some pretty good evidence that high inductance (where Le is greater than Re) can degrade the performance of a sub and make it perform like it has much less motor force than it actually does.  Some manufacturers (like Sundown) put shorting rings in their motor to reduce inductance, so clearly they think there is a benefit to lower inductance.  

For myself, its just another parameter I consider.  All else being equal I'd prefer a sub with lower inductance, but its hardly a deal-breaker.  

FYI, inductance (Le) is like BL where you have to consider it relative to the DC resistance (Re) of the sub.  Looking at just Le by itself doesn't really tell you anything. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

9 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Well sent it to someone else so maybe can get a design or a box...

I swapped to 1 sub and got louder but it's in a box for 2 subs though so looks dumb right now lmfao

Hoping a proper box keeps me just as loud and less tacky :)

Archived