I need more power

Okay so I own a 2012 Honda civic lx.  Right now i have a xspower5100 under the hood.  I have one run of 1/0 guage ofc to trunk.   I am in the process of doing the big 3.  I have 2 Fosgate p3 12's in the trunk.  I also have a Hifonics brx2000d1.  My lights dim when at full volume.  My voltage never drops below 12.4.  I would really like to upgrade my subs.  So my issue is because of the Honda eld no one sells HO alternators.  I don't have unlimited budget but I can spend a little.  So my question for you guys is what other options are there?  Will a second battery be enough? 

Batteries are used to recoup your voltage faster so the more the better, as for lights dimming if u can’t get a H.O Alt HID’s or LED headlight bulbs would stop that. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I could contact them.  On their websites as well as others they list alternators for a Honda civics up till 2011.  I am assuming a HO alternator is the only way to move forward.  I was just wondering if anyone has got more power without  upgrading their alternator.  

What block/motor do you Have? Had a aftermarket alt on my Acura( a Honda) with the k24- (2.4) install was easy. 

Also seen gobs of the 2.0s get the love also. What motor ya Have?

Adding reserve will help/eliminate.

Dropping to 12.5 ish, full lean, and probably at idle, isn't that big of a deal what so ever. 

Dimming lights,  if its such a large deal, .... add bank, LEGIT caps, and or, switch to LED style/ type headlights. Done.  Last one will cure it 

• 8 months later...

The 2012 Honda Civic factory charging system is a pain in the a$$.  I own a 2012 Honda Civic Si and recently switched out my alternator to a "Ohio Generator" 300+ amp beast.  However, it doesn't matter if you run a 1000 amp alternator the ELD will still run it in the two modes.  Low & High charging.  I ordered all parts and completed the Bypass (example on here) with a switch. The results?  Nothing, "Horizon Audio" stereo shop location Ohio was unable to get it to work.  Apparently the bypass does not work for 9th Gen Hondas.  I have all the diagrams for the electrical printed out from the dealer. labeled every wire with its color code.  Don't get me wrong, the charging system works. I did the big three with 0 gauge, have a 1500 Watt Shuirken auxiliary battery with a stinger relay all done really nice.  I'm presently looking into the Hondata Flash Pro as a possible way to turn off the ELD.  

What if u add a second ALT just for the audio. I know there’s no room under the hood but that compressor can go.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived