OBD 2 Dongle help/recommendations

You can get one of these or go on ebay and get any OBDII scanner with wifi, or apple with bluetooth.

http://www.palmerperformance.com/hardware/index.php

I use dash command and got one off ebay, it took a second try from ebay as the first wouldn't connect.

EDIT: ELM 327 is what you want off ebay.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

what it reads will depend on what the vehicle monitors through OBD. you could use a Maestro RR, but again it's limited to what your vehicle reads through OBD.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

My iphone wouldn't play nice with the ELM 327 bluetooth version had to get the wifi version to use the  EngineLink app

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

I am mainly looking for tach, speed, voltage, and ratio's. All of which Im able to read with my Launch CRP Pro. So I know the computer has the parameters to show. I'm just looking for a good wireless dongle or whatever everyone calls them, to install in the truck permanently. Ill check out ELM327 and see what I find.

On 1/28/2018 at 12:27 PM, MünürYılmaz said:

This is also what I use (actually a very similar device). I have an android tablet with the Torque app installed and I can read any information that the ECU produces. I am able to clear engine codes as well with it. Its a very cheap solution.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

33 minutes ago, Pioneerchuck said:

I am mainly looking for tach, speed, voltage, and ratio's. All of which Im able to read with my Launch CRP Pro. So I know the computer has the parameters to show. I'm just looking for a good wireless dongle or whatever everyone calls them, to install in the truck permanently. Ill check out ELM327 and see what I find.

The app i use doesn't show voltage

66A05BF0-CBD9-4737-ACD4-4AB8387C54A2_zps

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

13 hours ago, PC Principal said:

This is also what I use (actually a very similar device). I have an android tablet with the Torque app installed and I can read any information that the ECU produces. I am able to clear engine codes as well with it. Its a very cheap solution.

I use an android phone for exactly this reason :) it works very well for me as I'm able to monitor all sorts of sensor and investigate and clear any error codes my ecu spits out :)

Archived