Second Skin Audio

Which subwoofer

Pap

My friend has 2 JL Audio w6v3 10 inch subs in a 1 cubic feet enclosure each. Also has a 1200 JL Audio amp with rips. He is not happy at all with them. What subs would do better than the w6’s? We are thinking of subs around or less than 150 each. 

Thanks in advance.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Your gonna get 30 different answers. Lol

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Sundown E-series has my vote. 

You could also just do one sub around that $300 range and it would more than likey be around that 1k rms area.

I'm a big fan of hard-hitting single sub setups. Really depends on what your end goal is. 

As for those w6's. They are nice subs, just pretty expensive. Are they in a sealed enclosure or ported? If ported, what is the tuning? 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

4 hours ago, Pap said:

They are sealed. We were looking at the new skar sdr 10. It’s weird I had old school w6’s in a sealed box and it slammed. With his you can only tell they are decent unless you are listening to low frequency.

Have a few more options than that skar. 

They're nothing to write home about imo. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Even though im not a jl fan if your not impressed it isn't the subs. something else is wrong or you just need a bigger system.  If the box isn't the problem it could be electrical or the amps settings. Can you describe why you don't like it?

Archived