Second Skin Audio

2017 f 150 crew cab

SLAB153

3 SA-10's in s sealed box shit pounds. Can not do 2 SA's ported unless u can make some crazy external port going up the back of the seats.Just not enough room I tried.

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I don't know if you are anti 8" subs but the new DD 2508d ESP's are supposed to be pretty killer*... and you could probably throw quite a bit of juice into em. Have you found an HO alternator for you truck?

Edit :    * especially with the supercharge option to keep distortion down at high power

2017 F-150 3.5L Screw EcoBoost XLT Sport

- Factory HU + Lc7i  + Zapco I-4100 + Morel Tempo + SQ 2250 + Fi SSD Neo 15

3 minutes ago, Isroufe said:

I don't know if you are anti 8" subs but the new DD 2508d ESP's are supposed to be pretty killer... and you could probably throw quite a bit of juice into em. Have you found an HO alternator for you truck?

Those DD 8’s look mean , great subs

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

15 hours ago, Isroufe said:

I don't know if you are anti 8" subs but the new DD 2508d ESP's are supposed to be pretty killer*... and you could probably throw quite a bit of juice into em. Have you found an HO alternator for you truck?

Edit :    * especially with the supercharge option to keep distortion down at high power

When I got into car audio I started with mtx 12s sealed in a Toyota paseo which is smaller than a civic, on punch  500 n it pounded. I had 4 12s on 1000w sealed in a intrepid, it was ok felt something was missing. Went to 2 cvr 15s sealed man I was happy! I never had 10’s I Love lows, cone area is king right. I have 2 Sa12s ported in 5 cubes on a Orion 2500 it’s doable but I prefer 15s 

16 hours ago, Ron36 said:

3 SA-10's in s sealed box shit pounds. Can not do 2 SA's ported unless u can make some crazy external port going up the back of the seats.Just not enough room I tried.

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

U got a video or something that way I can see? Sealed huh? I once tried 2 e15s sealed on 1200w, once I went 2 sa12s on 2200w ported, The 12s ported blew the 15s sealed out the water, pressure n output was like 2-3x n the lows was like gotdamn. They thought I had 15s but I really had ported 12s 

1 hour ago, SLAB153 said:

When I got into car audio I started with mtx 12s sealed in a Toyota paseo which is smaller than a civic, on punch  500 n it pounded. I had 4 12s on 1000w sealed in a intrepid, it was ok felt something was missing. Went to 2 cvr 15s sealed man I was happy! I never had 10’s I Love lows, cone area is king right. I have 2 Sa12s ported in 5 cubes on a Orion 2500 it’s doable but I prefer 15s 

For sure... but you don't have the space under your seat.  I have the same truck and I've got my detached rear seat pulled out so I can accommodate a box big enough for a 15 ( was gunna go 18 then wife changed my mind. HAH.)

My personal opinion (take it or leave it of course) is that without raising your seat, or building your box into the foot space, those 8's (if you can even fit them) are gunna give you the most clean bang / watt in that small of a box. Especially if you make your port removable so you can fine tune.  https://ddaudio.com/products/subwoofers/power-tuned/dd2500/

Anyways, interested to see what you do.

2017 F-150 3.5L Screw EcoBoost XLT Sport

- Factory HU + Lc7i  + Zapco I-4100 + Morel Tempo + SQ 2250 + Fi SSD Neo 15

2 hours ago, Isroufe said:

For sure... but you don't have the space under your seat.  I have the same truck and I've got my detached rear seat pulled out so I can accommodate a box big enough for a 15 ( was gunna go 18 then wife changed my mind. HAH.)

My personal opinion (take it or leave it of course) is that without raising your seat, or building your box into the foot space, those 8's (if you can even fit them) are gunna give you the most clean bang / watt in that small of a box. Especially if you make your port removable so you can fine tune.  https://ddaudio.com/products/subwoofers/power-tuned/dd2500/

Anyways, interested to see what you do.

Actually another local builder came up with 2 10s ported at 1000w rms max . 

6 hours ago, SLAB153 said:

U got a video or something that way I can see? Sealed huh? I once tried 2 e15s sealed on 1200w, once I went 2 sa12s on 2200w ported, The 12s ported blew the 15s sealed out the water, pressure n output was like 2-3x n the lows was like gotdamn. They thought I had 15s but I really had ported 12s 

I’m running 3k to the 3-10’s , I wanted 2-10’s in a ported box under the seat but it just won’t work so I added another 10 to kinda make the difference. If I could of gone ported I would have but I need my truck space for passengers. 

2 hours ago, SLAB153 said:

Actually another local builder came up with 2 10s ported at 1000w rms max . 

I’d be curious to see that design 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived