Second Skin Audio

2017 f 150 crew cab

SLAB153

That thing sticks out way to far

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

3 hours ago, SLAB153 said:

Don't have that guy build your box.  

He may have successful fit two 10"s into that space, but I wouldn't say it was done well. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

My box under my seat with 3-10’s sealed is 2.1cubic ft internal volume with 3inch seat lift,  for 2 SA 10’s U need at least 2.5cubic ft and that doesn’t include the port witch takes up a lot more space . His box is know way letting those subs breath they are starving for air. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

3 hours ago, Ron36 said:

My box under my seat with 3-10’s sealed is 2.1cubic ft internal volume with 3inch seat lift,  for 2 SA 10’s U need at least 2.5cubic ft and that doesn’t include the port witch takes up a lot more space . His box is know way letting those subs breath they are starving for air. 

The gross is 3.58cu ft. After port n sub displacement it’s 3.22cu ft left that’s more than 2.5cu ft 

I would like to see specs that’s  pretty much impossible my box takes up the hole under seat of my truck with 3inch lift all I could get was 2.1cubes with .75 MDF. He is full of shit . With .5 MDF could get 2.5 but port would have to be external . Not trying to be a dick but I went this route and it just doesn’t work that’s why I added a 3rd sub . U can build what u want but those subs won’t perform like they should ported , they need room to breath. 

12 minutes ago, SLAB153 said:

The gross is 3.58cu ft. After port n sub displacement it’s 3.22cu ft left that’s more than 2.5cu ft 

Are you sure he calculated the gross INTERNAL volume?  

Can u tell me what makes u uncomfortable about that design? 

That design has significantly less port area than it should.  Definitely not enough for the power you want to be running. 

Overall build quality is very poor.  I'm not trying to pick on the guy,  but it is what it is.  Looks like he split the MDF just about everywhere he put a screw, if he was using screws in place of clamps he didn't use anywhere near enough.  Due to the irregular cuts I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks.  The brace holding the ends of the ports should have more open area.  The other brace I can only assume isn't finished yet since it has no holes in it.  Hopefully it did when it was complete. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I don’t want u to have a box built and u hate the way your  SA’s sound when it’s not the subs it’s the box . We are trying to help triticum knows his shit we want u to love your system if you starve your subs of air they will sound like shit and build up pressure and bottom out witch sounds like a very bad rattle and will damage your subs. Since my box is built right with clean power I can put 1k to each sub and they don’t smell they just slam  and there rated 600rms. U can do 1 10 ported or 2-3 sealed that’s it. Shops sometimes just want your money .  Remember we want your shit to pound that’s why we’re on this site . Just trying to help.

Archived