Second Skin Audio

2017 f 150 crew cab

SLAB153

13 hours ago, SLAB153 said:

Thanks man! Question when u mean properly braced do you mean divided chambers which is extra wood n strength the box? Because I didn’t plan on using dividers. I planned on using drywall screws every 6” minimum. 

You really should use some internal bracing between the subs.  Screws and bracing are not replacements for each other.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

51 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

You really should use some internal bracing between the subs.  Screws and bracing are not replacements for each other.  

I can do 3 pieces of 3/4” 9.25” h by 3 or 4”w shelf braces in between each sub. Would that be sufficient? 

I was told by Sundown to do separate chambers per sub . I’m sure 1 box would be fine . Triticum knows his shit.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

1 hour ago, SLAB153 said:

I can do 3 pieces of 3/4” 9.25” h by 3 or 4”w shelf braces in between each sub. Would that be sufficient? 

That will work. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 8:08 PM, SLAB153 said:

Thanks man! Question when u mean properly braced do you mean divided chambers which is extra wood n strength the box? Because I didn’t plan on using dividers. I planned on using drywall screws every 6” minimum. 

Got the pieces cutout and gonna get it together. Another guy wants to go the same route, however the local builder box comes out to 2.0 cu ft after sub displacement and port. His ports is 2 by 4 by 14 length tuned at 32hz forward firing, ive heard side fire best way to go in a truck however with doors closed inside only have 3.5” clearance on each side that tells me not enough for port to breathe? Would the ported still outdo the 4 sealed with the ports forward firing in 20-40hz range? 

3 hours ago, SLAB153 said:

Got the pieces cutout and gonna get it together. Another guy wants to go the same route, however the local builder box comes out to 2.0 cu ft after sub displacement and port. His ports is 2 by 4 by 14 length tuned at 32hz forward firing, ive heard side fire best way to go in a truck however with doors closed inside only have 3.5” clearance on each side that tells me not enough for port to breathe? Would the ported still outdo the 4 sealed with the ports forward firing in 20-40hz range? 

The problem with the box the local builder built is its pretty low on port area.  Two 2" x 4" ports would be fine on 300 total watts, maybe 350, but anything above that and you are going to be throwing your power away due to port compression, not to mention all the port noise.  This is why the sealed box would be better. 

Builds:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 7:18 PM, Triticum Agricolam said:

The problem with the box the local builder built is its pretty low on port area.  Two 2" x 4" ports would be fine on 300 total watts, maybe 350, but anything above that and you are going to be throwing your power away due to port compression, not to mention all the port noise.  This is why the sealed box would be better. 

Hey, did you happen to do the graph on the 4 JL10w0v3 1200w to the e10s 2400w sealed? 

5 hours ago, SLAB153 said:

Hey, did you happen to do the graph on the 4 JL10w0v3 1200w to the e10s 2400w sealed? 

image.png.3cce0be438150e88b5e944926a515be2.png

Blue line is the JL 10W0, green line is the Sundown E-10

Builds:

Fuck JL stay with Sundown 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Coming from a 2013 but I beleive the back seat is similar. Without a seat lift this was the best I could do. Single 8 with around 1.25 cubes, took some extra work but angles the top of the box to match the seat to get every sq inch I could. 8 barely fit and still had to stick out for the magnet to clear the inside of the box. 

CF4C3051-3CCC-4163-8073-C1A33835A922.jpeg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived