Second Skin Audio

2017 f 150 crew cab

SLAB153

Hey guys I’m trying to get a sketchup of 1 sa10, 2 e10s or 2 Sa10s ported under my rear seat sub front firing and port side fire. My dimensions are 55w, 10 3/4 front height, 5 1/4 rear height, 13” top depth, and 14” bottom depth. I’d like it to 32hz. There’s a local builder who mass produced them with those dimensions and 2 ports front firing in each corner port dimensions are 2x4x14 long at 32hz he claims but it came out to 19hz 

41 minutes ago, SLAB153 said:

My Orion 2500 birthsheet says 2713 rms 1 ohm @12.6v I’ll run about 1000w daily and some days I might turn it up to 2200w if possible. 

So the space you have to work with isn't impossibly small, but its small enough that some significant compromises are going to have to be made.  

SA-10s probably aren't going to fit.  The problem is the motor diameter.  You might be able to make them fit by machining out pockets in the top and bottom panels, but its going to require a lot of hand fitting and when you are done you are probably going to want to reinforce the areas you machined out with fiberglass since you are going to need to cut at least half way through those panels.  E-10s SHOULD fit fine though.  I say they "should" fit because it's still going to be tight and it's hard to know for sure without actually test fitting the sub. 

You don't have enough space to properly house two 10" subs.  The gross internal volume I came up with was about 2.35 cu ft, but you have to subtract sub and port displacements from that which is going to put you WELL under the 1 cu ft per sub you usually want for 10" subs.  Plenty of room for one sub though.  

With a single E-10 you aren't going to be able to use the full potential of your amp.  Even putting a 1,000 watts to an E-10 is probably pushing your luck quite a bit.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 hours ago, SLAB153 said:

The design u came up with is sub front firing or is it down towards floor or up towards seat? 

It was forward firing.  

The design you posted above has woefully inadequate port area.  You would be wasting a ton of power on port compression and would have nasty port noise.  I know you don't plan on using that design anyway because it requires a seat lift, its just something to keep in mind. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

1 hour ago, Newsotaboy89 said:

I have a SA-10 in a 2017 F150 screw. First box build... learned a ton. I'm looking at rebuilding as this get some awesome port noise.

https://imgur.com/agesTFZ

https://imgur.com/cfUyYII

https://imgur.com/5FhtbBy

Designs like that are a good way to use the space available and can allow you to fit a much larger sub than what you could with just an underseat box. You are off to a good start!  You could probably fit a 12" using that same idea.

"Awesome" is not a word I'd use to describe port noise :-)

Builds:

31 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Designs like that are a good way to use the space available and can allow you to fit a much larger sub than what you could with just an underseat box. You are off to a good start!  You could probably fit a 12" using that same idea.

"Awesome" is not a word I'd use to describe port noise :-)

Full sarcasm on that port noise. I've been toying with the idea of raising the rear seat an inch or so. That way I could forward fire, centering the woofer and adding a PR at each end also forward firing. Getting enough port is a pain in such a low wide area. The goal is to not go sealed and stay away from shallow mounts.

Archived