Should I upgrade my speaker amps? NEED ADVICE

Hi everyone!

My question to all you experts out there (since im a noob) is this

I have a Interfire speaker amp giving 90rms x 4 at 4 ohms but the problem is this...it doesnt come with a knob for tuning the frequency of my speakers its either 50,100 or 150 switch.
I have my eye on a new pioneer amp (GM-D8604) but a friend of mine says it wont change my sound quiality. I have no issues with my system but think i can make an upgrade for the better

I have my 4 speakers Rockford Fosgate Power Series very happy with them but once again think i can make them better.

Thank you all for your time. Hope I can get some help

If you want to improve your quality then you have to go up, and not sideways.

Quality comes with a price, but that is not to say you can't get some old school gear on the cheap on ebay.

A quality amp can make a bad pair of speakers sound good, and a good pair of speakers sound excellent.

I picked up a PPI PC4800.2 for $180 on ebay, you just have to take your time and look.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Alot of people dog on pioneers new amps but they have been proven to do their rated power. However durability in high stress situations seems to be an issue with some of their amps. For a lil more you could get a rockford fosgate prime 4 channel or even a used punch 4 channel. End of the day its your decision. If your buddy likes that interfire amp sell it to him. Use the money to help aquire better equipment.

Hi guys! Thanks for all your comments.:smile:

I dont have any issue with my Interfire amp but it does bother me a little that it lacks the little knob for tuning properly my speakers, and I just think i can get more out of my rockford speakers. Im running T1693 and T1675 as my speakers both rated above 70rms. That is the main reason why im thinking about switching amp, not that i have a issue with any of my system. Also, Should I get an amp that will give me the 90rms that my speakers can handle or should i settle for less and better quality amp? 

I really appreciate all your comment and all your good advice.

Welcome to the forum. I think you are obsessing about a knob and that if you don't the right tool to tune it properly is a guess at best. (SMD CC-1). It helps fine tune but remember it all starts @ the HU. Running a stock HU can only sound so good and give you the flexibility to tune. Same with the amp. IMO a RF Punch amp would bring those speakers to life. I have T3 6.5 & T1692 paired w/ a 2010  P500-4 and they sound great getting over 100 rms each. (birthsheet states 110 watts per ch.) Speaker prep is the key to good SQ and loudness. Just my 2 cents

Keep us post on what you end up doing. 

I guess that I did get a little obsessed with the knob thinking it will make a huge difference but after giving it some time to process I guess proper tuning will be better....and cheaper lol

Im not sure of what model of HU i have. It is a pioneer, read some positive comments from that brand

I think I got my answers and will keep my system the same for a while or maybe after my taxes I´ll change my mind (: 

Thanks Everybody!

Archived