High output alternators? Share experiences

Twonnie

I have only run Mechman, and have loved every alt ive had. I have a 240a g series in my daily, and 2 240a g series alts in my blazer. was clamping over 6k watts holding over 14v

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

3 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Kinda remember bro, biggest isn't always best. Your turn on speed may be to high,  and you may see dick at idle, which is a pain. That's why we run just 270s. They work better for what we wanna do. (We compete in long, average runs, where your foot can't be on the pedal)  The 270s smash the 370s at 400 rpm. Nature of the beast. I'm not failure with your car, or how much power you wanna run. But a nice, HO alt, and some bank, can run a good bit of power. My 350 old school, with d7500s did me more than fine, on a Dc 10k at .5. If I saw low 12s, it was rare.   All depends on what your doing. Just my experience. Seen a ton of members on here, in the lanes, and on the street ask why they dip so hard at idle, when they are packing a 370 amp alt. Fucker won't turn on at 350rpm. Or what have you. Something to keep in mind. 

I didn't even think about that. The plan was to have enough to supplement 5-7k daily and possibly be able to swap the same alternator to a newer vehicle in the next couple of years if need be. 

If you ran 10k+ on just one alt, I feel it is safe to assume that a 240 would do well for this setup?

In a lot of ways I am still a noob, so again I appreciate all the info!

3 hours ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

I have only run Mechman, and have loved every alt ive had. I have a 240a g series in my daily, and 2 240a g series alts in my blazer. was clamping over 6k watts holding over 14v

I have honestly been leaning more towards mechman, it seems like a good bunch of people run them and have nothing but good things to say about them! What are you running in your daily vehicle?

Archived