Sundown Audio

scv4000 or 2 bc2000's

James8371

I currently have a sundown x12 v2 d2 and a cresendo bc2000. For electrical big 3, xs d3400, 0 guage power and ground and 225 amp alt. I am planning on adding another x12 along with a d5100. If I buy the scv4000 I will have to sell my current setup and buy 2 d4's or I can add another bc2000 and just buy another x12 d2. Would the scv4000 be better than 2 bc2000's. Also will the scv be more friendly on my electrical since it is optimized for 12v were the crescendo is stable up to 16v. 

It'd probably be simpler and cheaper to just add a second sub and second amp, and master/slave them (if able) or gain match the amps rather than sell everything you currently have just to buy all new. And if you ever chose to revert or downsize in the future there's always that option

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

1 hour ago, Sergeant_Skyrim said:

It'd probably be simpler and cheaper to just add a second sub and second amp, and master/slave them (if able) or gain match the amps rather than sell everything you currently have just to buy all new. And if you ever chose to revert or downsize in the future there's always that option

Agree. I would just get another driver, and another amp and gain match. Done.  4k is 4k.  a few ticks of effeciency here or there, you wont even notice.

Can i ask this? Just for funzies and such.. but, Why or where did the D5100 come from ? I like, NAY .. fucking LOVE adding batteries, at anytime and all times,.., but, where did the d5100 come from ? Is that what fits up front or something ? 

Anyway, the only thing id do different, if it was me and, if i was in your shoes, is maybe look at a single board, that is around 6k-ISH, so i could wire to .5.  But, that is me not you. 

Best O luck, and let us see pics when your up and rolling. 

Maybe recone the D2 to D4 and grab another one plus the 4k would be an option?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Watever u do if u get a new amp steer away from crescendo imo. If it shits the bed youll most likely get fucked on the warranty. You can grab a skar sk4.5k on ebay right now refurbished for 600.

Wellllllllll... Crescendo's amps are good, theyre Zenon boards just like DC, Sundown, AA, etc.  Dont shy away from them solely based on that... Warranty is only the first year anyway.  After that you can just send it to Steve at Amp Medics (or another reputable repairman).

And if youre using Akuma's experience for this opinion, well, if I had Akuma knocking on my door for repairs I'd probably deny him too LMAO

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Lol. Naw its not based solely off of him. I agree they are good boards. But if i pay that much the warranty better be worth somthing. What happens if it arrives doa? Akuma had the same luck alot of crescendo customers had.

You right you right, my first two AA boards showed up with a manufacturing defect on one and shipping damage on the other.  Luckily Andrew Bailey is a good guy and sent new ones ASAP.

However, I dont know the circumstances of everyones transactions with Crescendo.  Some people say good things.  And if SRP decides to buy a used board, then the warranty problem is moot, which is why I wanted to chime in about manufacturer quality.  Its good for this thread to get both sides of perspective, I suppose.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

11 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Agree. I would just get another driver, and another amp and gain match. Done.  4k is 4k.  a few ticks of effeciency here or there, you wont even notice.

Can i ask this? Just for funzies and such.. but, Why or where did the D5100 come from ? I like, NAY .. fucking LOVE adding batteries, at anytime and all times,.., but, where did the d5100 come from ? Is that what fits up front or something ? 

Anyway, the only thing id do different, if it was me and, if i was in your shoes, is maybe look at a single board, that is around 6k-ISH, so i could wire to .5.  But, that is me not you. 

Best O luck, and let us see pics when your up and rolling. 

I already have a d3400 under the hood so I am looking at the d5100 because it will fit under my seat and also, on the xs power website the d5100 as a supplementary is good for 3000watts and the d3400 as a main is good for 2000 so theoretically I am good for 5000 watts but I know the real world is much different than what is on paper. Will be building an amp rack to hold the supplementary battery along with loads of 0 guage wire. I know this all depends on listening habits but do you think that I will have enough electrical to run 4000 watts? I do know that it takes power to make power and do not want to starve my amp and would like to do the electrical right.

ps : Despite what I have heard, I have had nothing but great performance from my crescendo but I do believe that the sundown amp will in some cases outperform the crescendo's and most defiantly outlive it. Cheaper is not always better. opinions?

ps ps: I have given .5 ohm some thought but if my math is correct, I will keep away from .5 ohm with 1000$+ amps.

4000 watt output at 1 ohm 90% efficiency= total power draw ~4300 watts

4000 watt output at .5 ohm 75% efficiency = total power draw ~5200 watts

6000 watt output at .5 ohm 75% efficiency (which is what the amp will probably try to do at .5)= total power draw~7800 watts

now who that is installing a 4000 watt amp is going to prepare for almost 8k rms of electrical

please correct me if I am wrong.

Archived