Sundown Audio

all of a sudden cooked?

Ratski

so today i got a new head unit installed at the local shop. i had to get a new one because my old one commited suicide and just started smoking one day.. when they hooked up the rcas both amps were acting funny. so for my highs i have a skar 125.4 D and for thr bass stage i have a AQ3500.1. so the problem with the skar is that when the rcas plug the highs have a huge amount of feedback and if you physically bump the amp it birps the speakers. tried different rcas and all. seems like an internal fault. now for the SQ when the rcas get plugged in the subs will sound like they are on a low volume tone. even tried to use a rca to 3.5 head phone jack to play off a phone and then it did nothing. now the original H U when it burned the speakers burped once and that was it smoke came out of the head unit and that was it. 

what would cause this? are the amps toasted as well?

if i hooked the rcas up to the amps it will play music.. neither one of them in in protection mode. but the feedback noise is loud and constant, and like i said if i physically bump the high amp it blips the speaker with a terrible feedback sound. not wanted to be out more money i pulled the rcas and have been looking for new amps this afternoon.. or someone to repair them.

15 hours ago, ryde2idie said:

The RCA adaptor you used to plug your phone into the amp is good right? Like it works on other amplifiers? It doesn’t make much since that you would only get audio when your HU is the source

the rca came straight out of the package. didnt try it anything else. yea its weird.

10 hours ago, Jake Pace said:

I would say the grounds for the RCA's are bad which is causing this issue of the sound, when ya deck went it damaged the grounds on the RCA's as well.

we tried brand new rca's as well. same result. maybe cooked the inouts on both amps when the deck went bad?

Archived