Second Skin Audio

Enclosure opinion

tmoney09

Ok so here is the deal..I have a Nissan 370z so room is well very scarce. Before my Nissan i was running a 15 inch FI BL. After i bought the Nissan i bought a 12 inch Fi Neo Q because i just thought there was no way in hell i would fit the 15 in that small hatch. Being used to the 15 i hated the Neo Q it just wasn't satisfying to me. So I sold that and bought a 12 inch Fi BL and it was definitely better, not quite what I was hoping for but it was better. Months later comes a bright sunny day and out of boredom i just go to measuring to see if there was any way possible to get that 15 in there and believe it or not i came up with a box that would fit. Flip side to that though it that is bare bones minimum and there in no free space to make the box any bigger. After port displacement and speaker displacement it was around 2.95 cubes. I threw the FI in there and let her rip and believe it or not it sounds pretty darn good. In this car the enclosure is directly behind my head so it's pretty loud.  My Fi is getting old and i was looking to upgrade. It did well on my hifonics brutus 2400 but i recently upgraded to the soundqubed 2200 and it seems to be a bit much for the FI (this sub is like 5 years old and has been through hell). So i was looking at the hdc4 2000 watt sub as an replacement. Seems to be a perfect match for the 2200 amp but iv'e read that it's a stiff sub and i'm concerned that if the sub is as stiff as people have said then being in a smaller enclosure may be a problem. Have any of you tried one of these in such a small enclosure?

I second the 4+ cubes net for a Soundqubed 15. Mine personally loved being in a little over 5 cubes even which is very large for a 15.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived